Provision of driver/ transport assistant services to the Programme team.
- Routine check-up of the vehicles; routine check-up to include but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tire conditions, etc.
- Strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the laws of Malawi
- Maintain assigned vehicles; always keep clean and in good condition, necessary maintenance such as washing and /or cleaning and servicing of assigned vehicles shall be done and scheduled properly for the convenience
- During the waiting time either inside or outside of the company’s premises, the driver shall always stop the engine and electric power of assigned vehicles to save consumption of fuel
- Drive the company vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving while on the road to prevent accident. Reckless driving shall be sufficient ground for driver’s recall and consequently be a cause of termination
- The driver shall observe strictly the company rules and regulation, policies and directives and instruction of the Company
- Assist in monitoring vehicle movements to ensure that company vehicles are properly assigned, routes logged and driver time accounted for and that at closing time for regular working hours, all vehicles are parked at the designated parking area
- It is the sole responsibility of the driver to monitor expiration and renewal of his driver’s license, and Insurance without causing any inconvenience to the client or the company schedule
- Fuel and necessary expenses for the maintenance shall be at the account of the company
- Any other duties as required by your supervisor.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder and line manager.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous commercial driving experience or have graduated from an accredited commercial driving school.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Mental ability to handle receipts; read maps, road signs, maintain journey log etc.
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Demonstrable defensive driving experience
- Basic routine maintenance and road handling skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be proactive, responsive and flexible to changing requirements of the project
- Willingness to be flexible and contribute to the company in other duties as required
Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions. We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture
Strengthening the Teaching of Primary School Mathematics in Malawi is a 3-year programme that aims to improve student learning outcomes in mathematics, so girls and boys have a solid foundation in basic skills to succeed in the rest of their schooling and fulfil their potential. The programme will provide technical assistance to facilitate the revision of the mathematics curriculum for lower primary (standards 1-4), develop corresponding teaching and learning materials, design teacher training strategies (including school-based support structures), rigorously pilot the new materials and training strategies, document impact, refine the materials and training strategies, and then oversee the national scale-up. The Programme will be coordinated from Lilongwe with frequent travel to Zomba
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.