Last Mile Health
This role was posted on November 07, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we go as far as it takes for our patients. Are you experienced in driving for Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) or International Non-Govermental Organisations (INGOs), coupled with a proven track record of safe and responsible driving practices, do you possess a valid driving license, demonstrating competency and commitment to ensuring secure transportation operations? If so, you might be the ideal candidate for our Driver position in Malawi.
The Driver at LMH plays a vital role in providing reliable transportation services to our staff, prioritizing safety above all. In addition to strict adherence to LMH vehicle policies, they actively contribute to office operations, handling various duties. The Driver maintains constant communication with both management and staff, keeping them informed about vehicle movements, maintenance needs, repair requirements, and suggestions for improving transportation processes.
Flexibility is essential, as occasional work during irregular hours and weekends may be required. This role is crucial to reaching the Last Mile with essential primary healthcare by ensuring safe and efficient transportation.
This role is based in Lilongwe, Malawi and is open to candidates who are located in and have work authorization in Malawi.
What you’ll do
- Drive LMH vehicles in and out of assigned sites, arriving at destinations safely, following safety protocol and ensuring staff and guest compliance with safety protocol while in the vehicle.
- Conduct daily oil and tyre checks properly and ensure cleanliness, functionality and safety of the entire vehicle.
- Check and provide timely reports on all vehicle licenses and permits
- Ensure that LMH vehicles have necessary equipment e.g. spare tyre, toolbox, first aid kit and other safety vehicle accessories
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets including the logbook, fuel records and refills, customer transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested by the Operations Manager.
- Timely report any vehicle faults or repairs needed and fill out an appropriate report.
- As far as your skills allow, aid mechanics to ensure the good maintenance of the vehicle.
- Perform other tasks or responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the situation or supervisor.
What You’ll Bring
- Malawi School Certificate Education or equivalent
- Valid driving license (C1 or above)
- Experience driving for NGO/INGO within cities and districts
- Progressive experience as a Driver in a fast-paced environment
- Clean driving record and demonstration of safe driving techniques.
You’ll Impress Us If
- A valid Defensive Driving Certificate
- Self-motivated with the capacity to work both independently and with minimum supervision.
- Cooperative, flexible and dependable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to their identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: MWI-1
For Malawi, the range is $5,549- $$10,481 dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit lastmilehealth.applytojob.com.