Chemonics International Inc.
Chemonics International Inc., a U.S.-based international development consulting firm, seeks the following positions for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. The $75 million activity aims to solidify and build on the contributions made to date as part of the implementation of Malawi’s National Reading Program (NRP) towards improving the delivery of high-quality early primary reading instruction in all Malawian primary schools. We are seeking individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Division ICT Officer for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. This is a long-term position that will be based in Mzuzu, Malawi.
• Provides efficient, high-quality ICT support services to NextGen staff members, Government counterparts, and other project partners.
• Provides support to MoE (division, district, and zonal levels) on project digital platforms and approaches, as technical capacity building strategy.
• Support the development of comprehensive ICT training materials and troubleshooting manuals for teachers and other project partners.
• Assists with deploying the data infrastructure, including configuring tablets and standard ICT equipment.
• Actively engages with stakeholders to identify ICT gaps for capacity strengthening.
• Produce both structured and ad-hoc reports, and analysis reports of ICT services.
• Ensuring physical security and inventory management of ICT equipment.
• Enforcing NextGen ICT policies to all users.
• Support data management and security of documents and information and ICT equipment.
• Maintain the passwords, user access, and change control procedures ensuring appropriate documentation has been completed and sign-off attained.
• Proactively communicate with users and enable the most efficient service delivery.
• Document all ICT-related issues to ensure errors/problems and troubleshooting guides are recorded.
• Share best practices to assist in the resolution of ICT issues and ensure a technical knowledge base is maintained.
• Ensuring that all computers and tablets have the latest security patches and software updates.
• Carry out any other duties assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area.
• Experience in the technical administration and support of Corporate ICT infrastructures and endpoints
• Experience in ICT process documentation development
• Experience in managing external resources as required
• Experience in vendor management and knowledge of ITIL practices and processes relevant to the role
• Understanding of Malawi Government ICT Security policies or equivalent Industry best practices
• Relevant qualifications in ICT or Business and/or equivalent relevant experience
• Experience working with a development partner organization (USAID, FCDO, etc.) preferred
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and Chichewa
Method Of Application
To apply for the position, please submit a CV and application through the form below. Please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. This application will close on Wednesday 31 January 2024. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.