Inter Aide has been working in Malawi since 1992 with interventions around maintenance
of water points, agricultural development and community health in the Central and Southern
regions of Malawi. Inter Aide began its maintenance projects in 1991 as part of WASH projects.
In 2008 the Maintenance Projects became independent and targeted to set up AFRIDEV
pump maintenance services in the rural areas. The project is implemented in 17 districts in
central southern regions of Malawi.
Inter Aide is looking to hire two District Program Officers for one-year with possibility of extension, according to the project salary grid, starting from February 2023.
DISTRICT PROJECT OFFICERS (two positions)
Duty station: Phalombe & Thyolo, with regular trips to the field.
Purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and Project Coordinator, She/ He
will have to manage, monitor and support the activities of the Maintenance Project. Depending on the implementation level of the program in a district assigned, he/she will be in charge to support Water Department Offices in the takeover of Water Hand Pumps maintenance networks management or provide technical support to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate the Project implementation or transition among Development partners,
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings including Water Department staff (WD), Area
Mechanics, Spare Part Shops, Area Development Committees and Traditional
Authorities to promote the project,
- Facilitate the management of program activity development according to project
activity calendar in collaboration with the Water Department.
- Strengthen the WD capacities to manage maintenance network in order to improve
the functionality rate of hand pumps,
- Conduct performance review of different stakeholders to track progress and identify support needed,
- Strengthen the WD capacities to collect, process and analyze data on the field
situation for decision making and reporting,
- Follow up and train Area Mechanics and spares parts retailers for the district,
- Promotion of the project and its partners at district level (Relationship with other Wash programs),
- Represent Inter Aide Maintenance Project among authorities and WASH professionals,
- Ensure a strict follow up of the program financial aspects and administrative procedures,
- Collaboration with safeguarding key stakeholders at district and community level,
- Produce monthly, quarterly, bi annual and annual reports in line with Inter Aide
Qualifications, skills and experiences
- Mature, of proven good conduct and integrity.
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Community Development, or Water Resources Management, or any related field.
- Those with Diploma as indicated above with relevant experience will be considered
- Two years relevant experience with development programs or organizational
management will be appreciated.
- Possession of valid and clean motorcycle driving license.
- Ability to manage budgets and produce justifiable expenses.
- Leadership skills, Good external relations and communications skills
- Ability to work and to maintain compatibility among staff and partners.
- Good writing and presentation skills for reporting purposes.
- Computer skills in general but specifically good in Excel is required.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Motivation to move very often to the field.
- Other added advantages include: staff management experience or experience with
development project transition skills for efficient project hand over.
Method Of Application
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualification and experience should send
applications with CV (3 pages maximum), cover letter and names of 3 traceable referees
in one PDF file by 12:00 noon on Monday 19th December 2023, with position title Maintenance DPO in subject line to: email@example.com
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.