World Bicycle Relief
Established in 2005 and headquartered in Chicago, World Bicycle Relief (WBR) mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles and envisions a world where distance is no longer a barrier to education, health services, and economic opportunity. WBR’s robust Buffalo Bicycles are a cost-effective and reliable means of overcoming the challenges posed by long distances and systemic mobility challenges in developing countries. The organization is a mission-driven, global nonprofit that manages a highly refined bicycle supply chain from design through final distribution.
Reporting to the Programme Manager.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the above position.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist with community sensitization and coordination with program stakeholders
- Coordinate Implementing activity mobilizations of stakeholders
- Assist with field level training activities, such as training of Bicycle Supervisory Committee members and Steering Committee members
- Support the process of target school and community identification and sensitization on the programs, benefits, requirements, and selection criteria.
- Implement project plans and activities on time, ensuring maximum positive impact on girls and boys.
- Tracking and recording the movements of bicycles from the warehouse to selected communities
- Oversee collection of all Monitoring & Evaluation forms from the community in support of programs
- Assist with taking and sharing of photographs related to program activities, ensuring that all necessary photograph releases are authorized and shared
- Support research and any other duties/responsibilities necessary for the successful implementation and functioning of world Bicycle Relief (WBR)Monitoring Evaluation activities.
- Support the spare parts strategy for the set up of Mobilized Communities
- Sensitize and Mobilize Mechanics Training sessions
Qualifications And Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Economics, International Development, Public Health, Demography
- 2-3 years experience working on social programs and research projects including data collection, supporting in-depth interviews and focus groups in local language, and entering data.
- Valid Drivers (Class 4)/ Motorbike License and ability to travel across program district.
- Excellent analytical/ problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Good command of Microsoft office programs.
- Community Facilitation skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent planning skills and ability to work under pressure.
Method Of Application
If you are interested, please send CVs and applications clearly marking district and country to email@example.com by no later than 9th September 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org