Creative Centre for Community Mobilization (CRECCOM) with funding from USAID, is implementing a 3-year Milimo Activity in 5 districts (Zomba, Machinga, Balaka, Mangochi and Lilongwe) from 2021 to 2024. The main objective of the Activity is to strengthen the capacity of local institutions or organizations to deliver on their mandates, to help them in designing and implementing social behavioural change interventions using local resources whilst increasing financial independence and self-reliance. The following are the specific objectives of the project; i) To determine and capitalize on capacities of local institutions that are critical to set a model for trans-formative development change; ii) To strengthen community mobilization skills of CSOs (the ethnic informal institution, CBOs and formal local NGOs working with the informal institutions) to effectively lead and sustain their own development; iii) To strengthen the institutional capacity of CSOs in governance and leadership, monitoring and evaluation, resource mobilization, collaboration, anti-corruption, financial management, program implementation, social accountability, human
resource, and financial sustainability to effectively implement their own and donor-funded
activities; and iv) To strengthen the capacity of CRECCOM to be a local OCD provider for local CSOs requiring such service through a small fee for service.
CRECCOM is looking to recruit creative, dynamic, competent, and self-motivated persons to fill the positions (2) of District Coordinators under Milimo Activity (position holders to be based in Machinga and Balaka).
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the incumbent’s core duties shall include:
- Strengthen the community mobilization capacity of CSOs to effectively lead and sustain their own development.
- Coordinate formulation of project activity plans & budgets by preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans for project activities.
- Strengthen the institutional capacity of CSOs in key organizational development aspects to effectively implement their own and donor-funded activities.
- Orient relevant government officials, CSO’s leaders, traditional leaders, extension workers and radio/TV stations on the Milimo Activity.
- Facilitate community-led ‘leapfrogging’ development solutions to accelerate positive change.
- Train community facilitators, and CBO leaders on tracking the impact of the Activity.
- Lead in the development of training manuals for different project stakeholder groups.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Participate in capacity assessment activities.
- Oversee implementation of project activities, track down and document project impact,
lessons learnt, best practices and success stories.
- Facilitate synergy and networking with implementing partners.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in education/Community Development/ Social Science obtained from government-accredited colleges with at least two years of mass media intervention experience.
- At least three years of relevant experience in community mobilization. Ability to build strong relationships with other partners implementing similar projects.
- Experience in implementing USAID Projects
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with people from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Grassroots experience with good community engagement and facilitation skills
- High comfort level in working with government stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
Method Of Application
Applications, giving names and addresses of three traceable referees (one of which should be
professional) and an up-to-date Curriculum Vita should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 524,
Closing Date: 03rd November 2023
Applications can also be sent through email to email@example.com
CRECCOM is an equal opportunity employer, hence all those suitably qualified regardless of sex, religion, race or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.