Local Government Service Commission
The LocalGovernment Service Commission, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, wishes to inform the general public that with funding from the Global Fund Grant is inviting applications from the General Public for the post of Disease Control and Surveillance Assistant (Grade M10/M) to fill vacant posts existing in various District Councils as below:
Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with at least a pass in any of the two science subjects i.e. Biology, Agriculture, Physical Science, Geography and Mathematics.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Serve as a link between fixed district health services and the community and works directly with village/community leaders, and other volunteers in providing environmental and personal health services in collaboration with medical assistant, health assistant and enrolled community health nurses.
- Conduct community assessments, village inspections, monitor growth and report disease outbreaks.
- Participate in providing immunizations, maintaining equipment and improving the quality of water by protecting shallow wells and chlorinating untreated waters.
- Treat minor ailments and facilitate formation of village health committees (VHCs) and volunteers.
- Supervise VHCs and volunteers and refer patients and suspects to nearest health unit.
- Record data in relevant registers and instruments using HIS guidelines disseminate to respective village health committees and report to the designated supervisor.
- Prepare monthly work plans.
- Provide feedback to the community.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable for the post.
Method of Application
Applications with attached copies of academic certificates and National ID should be sent to:
The Executive Secretary,
Local Government Service Commission.
PO. Box 766
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for Disease Control Surveillance Assistant” on the envelope indicating the District Council an applicant would prefer to work in, from the list of District Councils indicated above.