Malawi National Council of Sports (Council)
The Malawi National Council of Sports (Council) was established by statute to regulate and provide oversight of sports in Malawi.
Through the years, Council’s mandate has included matters of women and sports, professional sports, sports for people with disabilities, recreational sports as well as anti-doping within sport
The Council has developed a 5-year strategic plan and to effectively implement it, applications are invited for highly motivated, skilled and qualified Malawians to fill the following executive position:
DIRECTOR OF SPORTS AND RECREATION DEVELOPMENT (CS2)
Reporting to the CEO | Based at Council Offices in Blantyre
Coordinates programs and activities carried out in the Sports and Recreation Development Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulates departmental plans and programs.
- Formulates and prudently manages departmental budgets in compliance with Council’s financial policies and practices.
- Develops proposals for resource mobilization in liaison with other managers.
- Evaluates data related to general sports and recreation performance and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Initiates and oversees the implementation of motivational campaigns for mass participation in sport and recreation.
- Allocates work and supervises staff under his or her charge.
- Assesses the performance of sports bodies at the National level and provides appropriate advice and technical assistance.
- Organizes courses, seminars, clinics, meetings and other programs aimed at developing sports and recreation in the country.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Sports Management, Sports Science, Physical Education or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution
- Not less than eight (8) years relevant managerial experience obtained after attaining the bachelors degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong sense of character judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- A demonstrable passion for sport
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Visionary and inspirational
Terms and Conditions
The successful candidate will be appointed on a three-year contract which may be renewed once depending on performance. Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with:
- Vision Statement
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three traceable referees
- Copies of degrees or professional qualification certificates.
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061.
Capital Hill, New Buildings, Ground Floor, Room 57.
Applications must be received by 28th March 2023.
Malawi National Council of Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and contacted.