Beit CURE International Hospital
Beit CURE International Hospital (BCIH) is a Christian mission hospital providing free orthopedic health care for children in Malawi, a teaching hospital that specializes in treating the orthopedic needs of children and champions the cause of children and families burdened with physically disabling conditions that can be corrected or alleviated through surgical interventions. The integral mission for BCIH is Healing the sick and prodaiming the Kingdom of God
The hospital has the following vacant positions. All positions are on renewable\u00a0specified-term contracts.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the S/he will be a member of the Leadership Management Team and will oversee all the Business Development projects that are crucial to the revenue growth at BCIHM. Working along with BCIHM partners and various agencies, S/he will be expected to come up with effective communication and branding mechanisms for BCIHM. S/he is also expected to come up with innovative ideas and solutions to the existing healthcare business issues being fated by BCHM. S/he will interact with senior management, operations, finance and the BCIHM network teams in relation to the business development matters and is expected to cover all aspects of business development from maintaining an overview of all income streams, working On branding and marketing activities plus planning and executing fundraising strategies to develop enhanced local donation flows as well as being responsible for all programs relating to patient recruitment and business development.
- Participate in the business development strategy development for the hospital with a view on positioning the hospital competitiveness in the market.
- Identify foundations/corporate social responsibility programs working in Malawi and develop a strategy on working with them to support the hospital activities.
- Work together with the Mobile Clinic Coordinator to ensure the implementation of the mobile clinics programs to make it a gateway for private patients in addition for it bringing in the general patients
- Organizing publicity events and other events within the hospital, local community partnership events and collaborating with relevant government agencies in arranging community awareness campaigns.
- Preparing the BCIHM business development budget and continually track expenses, as well as making sure that revenue targets are achieved as planned;
- Developing organizational fundraising and corporate sponsorship capability and ensuring that child surgery sponsorships are obtained every year from companies and organizations throughout Malawi-churches, corporates and individuals;
- Maintaining a system of tracking donor reporting and ensuring that all reports are dispatched on time and to agreed standard, set up and maintain donor database; and,
- Managing BCIHM advertisements and public relations support services and ensuring that all literature, magazine and websites are kept up to date with relevant information;
- Coordinating all promotional activities of the hospital including radio and television programs;
- Creating and presenting presentations on targets, impact measurement, goals for the business development section for regular reviews with senior management.
- Continuous improvement on the integration of Christian values when undertaking all hospital activities as customers have identified this as key strength of the Hospital.
- Coordinate closely Donor and Communications manager in coming up with branding designs that are representative of the organizations mission and VIsIon.
- Carry out continuous innovation, research and development to ensure that the organization is able to respond timely to the changing market trends.
- Handles all issues of quality within the department in line with the Hospital quality standards.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Marketing/Commerce/ Finance or any related field.
- At least 5 years proven hands on work experience in Business Development;
- Practical knowledge on standard fundraising techniques, proposal writing, special event and fundraising reporting will be an added advantage.
- Comprehensive business management and great leadership skills;
- Ability to plan and organize events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- Top-notch analytical skills & have an eye for detail; and,
- The ability to travel to meet clients, attend conferences and research new markets as needed.
- Individuals who are interested to join Beit Cure International Hospital & Malawi and meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application letters including a detailed Curriculum Vitae containing contact details of three traceable referees to:
Method of Application
The Head of Human Resources,
Beit Cure International Hospital,