Malawi National Council of Sports
The Malawi National Council of Sports (Council) was established by statute to regulate and provide oversight of sports in Malawi.
Through the years, Council’s mandate has included matters of women and sports, professional sports, sports for people with disabilities, recreational sports as well as anti-doping within sport
The Council has developed a 5-year strategic plan and to effectively implement it, applications are invited for highly motivated, skilled and qualified Malawians to fill the following executive position:
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION (CS2)
Reporting to the CEO | Based at Council Offices in Blantyre
To provide strategic and policy guidance in human resource and administration matters and act as Secretary to the Board.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Develops, reviews and implements human resource and administration policies, plans, programs and budgets.
- Oversees implementation of human resource training and development programs.
- Interprets and advises on human resource and administrative policies
- Coordinates implementation of contracts.
- Coordinates and handles staff welfare and industrial relations issues.
- Services appointments and remuneration committee.
- Designs and implements reward, payroll and performance management systems and enforces periodic performance appraisal.
- Maintains human resource management information system and database
- Champions the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues.
- Controls authorized establishment.
- Provides corporate secretarial and advisory services to the Board.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, or Administration from a recognised institution.
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised institution.
- Not less than eight (8) years relevant managerial experience obtained after attaining the bachelor’s degree.
- Membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent guidance and counseling and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to implement a performance management system
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
Terms and Conditions
The successful candidate will be appointed on a three-year contract which may be renewed once depending on performance. Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with:
- Vision Statement
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three traceable referees
- Copies of degrees or professional qualification certificates.
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061.
Capital Hill, New Buildings, Ground Floor, Room 57.
Applications must be received by 28th March 2023.
Malawi National Council of Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and contacted.