Position: Digitalization Project Manager
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Function reporting: Regional IT Program Manager
Location: Head Office
Purpose of Position
The digitalization Project Manager (PM), as an independent and focused role, will oversee a
portfolio of identified digital projects, leading their implementation, managing the resulting
change and ensuring successful roll out. The role will involve planning, organizing, coordination of resources across departments and service providers to ensure timely delivery. Projects will include, digital solutions, business process improvements, business change initiatives, and management information systems.
1) Digital project management: Planning, Monitoring and control of project deliverables.
Leading and coordinating all project activities.
2) Project Documentation: Business case, Project plan, Functional Requirements, Business
Process Documentation, updating of SOPS and policies relating to digital changes,
Regulatory requirements training manuals, Post implementation reports and any other
project related documents including project and steering committee minutes and action
3) Project progress monitoring and reporting: Leading weekly project review meetings,
updating project plan on smart sheets, preparing weekly project updates for senior
leadership, scheduling digital projects steering committees, presenting project progress
status at the steering committee, project budget monitoring and expenditure reporting.
4) Change management: Ensures the MFI are ready for change. Communicates the why,
how and when. Ensures all internal and external customers are well trained and have
what they need for a successful roll out.
5) Go to market strategy:
i. Overseeing the solution roll out to all branches: Define how, by who and when.
ii. Customer communication and training
iii. Sales and or distribution channels (How to reach existing and increase reach to new
6) Monitoring and tracking of digital solution KPIs after roll out
7) Digital solutions evolution. Building onto existing or new ideas that enhance the current
8) Spiritual Nurture, and Relationship with Stakeholders:
i. Supportive and exemplifying role model that uphold Christian Values and Principles.
ii. Regularly attend the staff spiritual and nurture activities.
iii. Maintain a positive working relationship with all staff, provide clear written and verbal communication and acquire and development professional skills that benefits VisionFund
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Three years’ experience managing complex software implementations (preferably
- Three years of general project management experience across multiple functions.
- Proven ability to self-manage and use conventional project management tools and
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT or in a field relevant to project management.
- Good communication and presentation skills; fluency in English an advantage
- Preferable Project management certifications in PMP, PRINCE, Business Analysis or Six Sigma
- Recent technical training on Project management.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with
three traceable referees to the address below, not later than 23rd November, 2022. Only
short listed candidates will be acknowledged. Please indicate on the envelope the position
being applied for as well on the subject line if an email is used.
People and Culture Manager
Private Bag A232
VisionFund Malawi Head Office is in Area 14 opposite NAPHAM offices, or email to: email@example.com