Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Informatics (MELI) the Digital Health Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership, strategic guidance, and support to the project on digital health activities to improve service delivery and data systems. The individual will lead scoping technical requirements and execution of digital health products and services including designing, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills. They must be result-oriented and demonstrate capacity to work with government and multiple stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
Program data system management and support.
- Collaborate with MOMENTUM TIYENI technical team, government and other partners in assessing and identify digital health needs, develop and implement commensurate plans for MOMENTUM TIYENI support.
- Develop and advise requirements for MOMENTUM TIYENI program information management systems to support collection and tracking of indicators and ensuring interoperability with DHIS2/Comcare or other platforms.
- Support creation and maintenance of visualizations and dashboards for easy data sharing.
- Design and execute test and configuration of digital health information systems.
- Collaborate with the project M&E team to define indicators for tracking performance, uptake and use of digital health activities.
- Manage project database cloud server.
- Create and maintain data validation rules and quality control checks.
- Design and deliver capacity building training and mentoring of central and district level project, government staff on digital health deployment, use and management.
- Support MoH Digital Health Interventions.
- Support and work with relevant Ministry of Health departments, including the DHD, Community Health Service Section (CHSS), and Central Monitoring and Evaluation Department (CMED) in rolling out Integrated Community Health Information System (iCHIS).
- Advocate and advise project and MOH to strengthen scalability and sustainability of digital health products and services.
- Support and participate in the development of iCHIS modules.
- Coordinate the development of MOMENTUM TIYENI digital health products including the development of the Family Planning Module.
- Strengthen and support the rollout, capacity building and maintenance of the Integrated Supportive Supervision (ISS) system in project districts.
- Support the development and rollout of the Quality Improvement information system and dashboard.
- Support implementation of updates in MoH HMIS (DHIS2).
- Identify issues, risks and benefits of existing digital health products and solutions and outline business impact.
- Support interoperability and harmonization of various digital health information platforms.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (computer science, health informatics, information technology, or a related field.
- At least 5-7 years of experience and proven technical leadership in digital health or similar role.
- Experience in managing development and execution of digital health technology products and services.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, teamwork and time management skills.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced and high-pressure project settings and/or organizations.
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with Malawi’s health service delivery systems at national and district level.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and experience working with government, national and multilateral health sector stakeholders in Malawi.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of best practices in health information management systems.
- Experience with SQL queries and large database management.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations.
- Experience in setting and managing project-level learning agendas.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.