One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Digital Fundraising and Engagement Associate will help to implement our main digital fundraising, communications and campaign activities.
You will support the development and implementation of user journeys across all channels for our target audiences at all stages of the funnel – from acquisition all the way to retention.
You’ll work across social (paid and organic), PPC (including Google Ads), email and our website.
We are at an exciting stage in the development of our first global digital strategy and are looking to expand our capacity to enable us to bring online new channels, continue to build brand awareness and engagement and generate more income for the organization.
You will report to the Global Digital Lead. You will sit within One Acre Fund’s Business Development (Fundraising and Partnerships) team but will collaborate closely with our Communications team.
- You will directly manage the following tasks:
- Implement our organic social media strategy, including overseeing the production of content
- Maintain the digital content calendar
- Website content management including SEO research, editing/creating website content and keeping content up to date
- Develop a clear supporter relations strategy for keeping supporters engaged and building community
- Generate data reports on a regular basis, across all priority channels
- Implement our email marketing strategy, including writing supporter emails
- Provide support to the Global Digital Lead on the following:
- Conceptualize and implement cross-channel digital campaigns
- Manage paid campaigns (social and PPC)
- Optimize user journeys in line with business objectives
- Digital content production, in collaboration with our communications team, external agencies and vendors
- Develop our segmentation and personalization strategy
- Liaise with external vendors/agencies
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
4+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the not-for-profit/social enterprise sectors.
- Digital analytics, including reporting and optimisation (Google Analytics (including a solid understanding of GA4), Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Google Optimize)
- Web content management experience (Drupal preferred)
- Digital copywriting (across social, website and email) including SEO experience
- Paid social media experience, including solid practical experience with Meta Business Manager
- Email marketing experience
- Organic social media management experience
- Understanding of fundraising audiences
- Implementation of large-scale, cross-channel digital campaigns
- Project management skills
- Stakeholder management
- Team player
Nice to have skills
- Experience with PPC
- Social media community management
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with a customer data platform (e.g. Segment)
- Experience with personalization and segmentation marketing strategies
- Experience working with digital agencies
- Digital content creation abilities – Adobe, Canva, video production etc.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Flexible/Remote, Global (Have to have the right to work in: Netherlands, UK, France, Kenya, Rwanda, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Zambia)
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
04 July 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.