Farm Radio Trust
Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is a leading non- governmental organization dedicated exclusively to serving smallholder communities through the provision of ICT based information, communication, extension and advisory services in Malawi with a growing reputation and involvement in program and policy development processes across sub-Saharan Africa. Our vision is a ‘world that has sustainable livelihoods of farming communities’. FRT was registered under the Trustees Incorporation Act on 14 June 2009; registered as a local non-governmental organization under Council for Non-Governmental Organizations in Malawi (CONGOMA) on 17th November 2010 with registration number C510/2010. FRT is also registered with NGO Board since June 2013 with registration number NGO/R/13/58.
Position: Digital Extension Champion – Intern
Duty Station: Kasungu (in the 6 targeted EPAs: Chulu, Chipala, Lisasadzi, Mkanakhothi, Chamama & Mtunthama)
Purpose of the Role
The position will be responsible for ensuring that that there is increased technological usage that will lead to increased knowledge uptake/adoption of various agricultural technologies; through utilization of ICTs among smallholder farmers.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Support activities of impact ICT hubs;
- Strengthening youth-led and women groups ICT hubs
- Promoting women and youth participation in agriculture by deliberately ensuring increased membership of women and youth in ICT hubs.
- Support training of ICT hubs on knowledge uptake and utilization through ICTs.
- Supporting the identification of digital peer educators at EPA level;
- Supporting training of ICT hub in the use of digital platforms and tools to access agriculture information;
- Facilitating the collection of field GPS data for remote sensing;
- Identification of challenges and new solutions in extension delivery through ICTs;
- Provide updates to AEDOs on digital extension services with ICT hubs;
- Ensure safe keeping of digital gadgets & assets and financial resources within their jurisdiction;
- Monitor the activities of impact ICT hubs and other ICT hubs within their locality
- Production of regular implementation/progress reports.
- A diploma in agriculture or any related field from LUANAR or institutions of higher learning for agriculture. Those with a bachelor’s degree will have an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with the use of ICTs in extension delivery
- Enthusiastic with an ability to learn and innovate
- Not more than 35 years old.
The Digital Champions will be recruited on an internship basis hence the internship policy will apply.
Applications for the above opportunity should include a cover letter, which should have a clearly labelled heading and with an updated curriculum vitae with names of three referees.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Due to the volume of applications FRT receives, FRT will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Method Of Application
Send your application by close of business to email@example.com by CoB Monday, 11th July 2022.
FRT is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all qualified people. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.