Malawi Universities Development Programme
The Malawi Universities Development Programme (MUDEP) Secretariat is supporting the establishment of new public universities and higher education institutions in an effort to increase access for higher education and ensure that the education offered is of quality and relevance to the needs of the country.
Currently, the Secretariat is facilitating the establishment of Inkosi Ya Makhosi M’mbelwa University.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to join MUDEP Secretariat to fill the following positions:
DEPUTY PROGRAMME MANAGER – FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION (M2)
To provide general support services by creating a sound and ethical working environment and promoting a better quality of life for MUDEP staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Deputy Programme Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Controlling and enforcing financial management procedures;
- Ensuring that all financial and corporate requirements are complied with;
- Communicating and presenting critical financial matters to the Public Universities Working Committee (PUWC).
- Ensuring that legal requirements and obligations are consistently applied;
- Establishing and managing a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures;
- Consolidating of budgets for PUWC approval;
- Reviewing final accounts ready for audit;
- Producing additional financial information and reports for management decisions:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining sound financial management and control systems, policies and procedures;
- Developing MUDEP human resources and administration, enhancing professional development; compensation, and benefits; performance evaluation; training and recruiting;
- Overseeing administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent MUDEP operations; and
- Preparing, presenting, and justifying the MUDEP budget to the Programme Manager;
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines- Business Administration/Management, Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, or any other related fields.
- Be a qualified Accountant with relevant professional bodies such as ACCA, CIMA and others;
- A minimum of four (4) years of working experience in a senior management position and ideally at least two (2) years of broad financial and operations management experience.
The ideal candidate for the position must:
- Have sound knowledge of accounting packages;
- Be assertive, self-starter and good interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work under pressure and a problem solver;
- Have sound knowledge in Public Finance Management and Human Resource Management
- Be computer literate
- Be able to meet urgent deadlines.
APPOINTMENT AND REMUNERATION
The successful candidate shall be engaged on 3 years contract basis which will be subject to renewal based on performance. He or she shall be offered a salary and benefits commensurate with the position qualifications and experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications, experience and attributes should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of three traceable referees (including contact details) to the address below not later than Monday 12th December, 2022 before 16:30 hours, local time.
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
Capital Hill, New Building, Ground Floor,
P.O Box 30061,
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews
Please indicate on top of the envelope the position you are applying for.