Chemonics International Inc.
Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks the following long-term positions for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. The $75 million activity aims to solidify and build on the contributions made to date as part of the implementation of Malawi’s National Reading Program (NRP) towards improving the delivery of high-quality early primary reading instruction in all Malawian primary schools. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Method Of Application
To apply for any of the below positions, please submit a CV and application through this link
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis starting on February 1 until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
We are currently seeking qualified professionals for the following posts:
Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for Implementation for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. The $75 million activity aims to solidify and build on the contributions made to date as part of the implementation of Malawi’s National Reading Program (NRP) towards improving the delivery of high-quality early primary reading instruction in all Malawian primary schools. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of Malawi’s lower primary students.
This is a long-term post that will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi.
- As a member of the leadership team, work closely with the Chief of Party and DCOP/Reading Instruction and Teacher Training Specialist to provide technical and managerial oversight for the Activity, including the development and implementation of the Activity’s annual work plans; monthly, quarterly and annual reports; and other requests that may come in from USAID.
- Work closely with the team to ensure that the Activity consistently adheres to Chemonics’ norms and culture and ensures the highest ethical standards, emphasizes the importance of communication and teamwork, adheres to USAID technical guidance, and directly contributes to the attainment of the Activity’s contractual;
- Manage implementation, reporting, and required documentation of all interventions related to digital development, pre-primary education, community engagement, and education system strengthening. Manage key functions of the project to meet USAID expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget. Contribute to ensuring coordination among technical and between technical and operations leads.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to understand the Activity’s technical needs and work to put them in action with support from technical and operations staff. This includes writing scopes of work for short-term technical assistance and subcontractors and providing information in a timely manner to enable the operations team to provide any necessary logistical support.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise designated staff. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring if needed to develop skills needed to manage work plan activities to deliver quality results and ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation activities to support learning and adapting.
- An Advanced Degree in Education or related field; A degree in education policy, planning, curriculum development or reading instruction preferred.
- Five years of relevant, progressively responsible project management experience, preferably on USAID-funded education projects. Demonstrated experience in project/program management and experience in using relevant tools.
- Familiarity with USAID funded or similar internationally funded contracts or projects is strongly preferred.
- A combination of technical familiarity and management skills (effective planning, personnel management, resource management, learning, and adapting skills) that span the subject areas covered by the Activity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience across a wide variety of project activities involving early grade reading, ICT for education, community engagement, education system strengthening
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com.