National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA)
The National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA) whose main objective is to ensure security of fuel supply in Malawi is a wholly owned Malawi Govemment Company established under the Company’s Act of 1984 on the 10th of December 2010. The Company commenced its operations in 2012. NOCMA is responsible for importation of fuel product and is Government’s agent for managing the Country’s Strategic Fuel Reserves facilities located in Blantyre Lilongwe and Mzuzu:and other smaller depots in Chilurnba Chipoka and Mchinji.
Over the past twelve (12) years, the Company has grown tremendously in national strategic importance with it fuel importation market share growing from ten percent (10%) in 2015 to an average of sixty-five (65%) in 2021/2022 which has been matched with growth in Institutional capacity and investments to enable efficiency and effectiveness in the Company operations.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate, NOCMA is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following position that has arisen within the Company at executive management level. An attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications is on offer to the right candidate with prospects to build a meaningful career within the Oil Industry.
Job Title : Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Grade NO: C2
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic leadership support to the Chief Executive Officer through the implementation of Operations Strategies which among others include Supply Chain Logistics, Business Development, Strategic Fuel Reserves management, Projects and Plant maintenance,Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, Procurement, and the Company’s Security framework. The position deputizes the Chief Executive Officer and takes on any such responsibilities as delegated from time to time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the Supply and Distribution logistics, Business Development, Strategic Fuel Reserves, procurement, Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance and the Security functions of the Company.
- Support the Company in the formulation of appropriate organizational and management structures for optimal efficiency of operations.
- Support the company is formulating a procurement strategy aimed at optimizing value for money.
- Ensure the efficient, economic, and effective use of resources through prudent prioritization of work plans, activities, and control of budgets.
- Liaise with corporate partners and other institutions locally, regionally, and internationally to foster cordial relationships for NOCMA.
- Drive the development of a comprehensive customer service strategy and ensure good linkages with key NOCMA external stakeholders.
- Provide support to the CEO in implementing Board policy decisions and advising the CEO on the performance of the company and its affairs and producing and submitting periodic reports to the CEO.
- Ensure that effective management systems, procedures and financial controls are in place to make the most effective, economical, and efficient use company resources.
- Represent the interest of NOCMA in all stakeholder fora as delegated by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
The Deputy Chief Executive Office position will report to the Chief Executive Officer, and will directly be responsible for the following officers within NOCMA:
a) Business Development Manager
b) The Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance Manager
c) The Procurement and Disposal Manager
d) Security Officer
Required Competences, Attribute and Skills
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills, and attributes:
- Proven back record of managing diverse work teams
- Familiar with legislation, policies, and developments in energy sector in Malawi
- Ability to communicate and effectively manage NOCMA’s strategic stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and successfully executive strategic plans
- Mature, judicious, and honest person with good communication skills
- Sound knowledge of pubic financial and employment-related legislations
- Strong leadership capability
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in either Engineering studies, Chemistry, Business Administration, Strategic Management, or Petroleum Studies from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering studies, Chemistry, Business Administration, Strategic Management, or Petroleum Studies from an accredited institution of higher teaming.
- At least 5 years’ experience at a senior management level in a public or private institution.
- Familiarity with the international, regional, and national legal and regulatory framework of the oil sector will be an added advantage.
The successful candidates shall be offered a performance-based contract for a period of three (3) years with an attractive salary, benefits, and gratuity package commensurate with the seniority of the position and qualifications of the candidate.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), names, addresses and telephone numbers of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
Department of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061
With copies to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 19th May 2023
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NOCMA is committed to achieving relevant quota’s as per the provisions in the Malawi Gender Equality Act, 2013
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com