TotalEnergies Malawi Marketing Limited
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Depot Assistant tenable at Mzuzu Depot. The successful candidate will report to the Depot Manager and will assist the Depot Manager in the following major activities:
- Facilitating all safe work practices and re-enforcement of work control procedures and Golden Rules that govern safe work practices to attain Facility / Site HSEQ awareness to both depot staff and contractors to eliminate any form of incidents in the depot
- Ensuring all depot equipment is well maintained and always in good operating condition to eliminate down time.
- Ensuring participation monthly depot emergency drills & safety meetings.
- Ensuring a Safe working environment by inspecting, controlling & reporting all product leaks to the Depot Manager to achieve highest levels of Zero spill target, cleanliness & tidiness in the depot.
- Ensuring the Safe to Load Checklist is done for roadworthiness & safe use of delivery trucks for every trip from the depot to customers &amp; back before loading and that all trucks with defects are reported to the Depot Manager
- Ensuring all trucks entering the terminal are compliant to the minimum TotalEnergies safety standards by performing truck pre-entry checklist.
- Supervising and witnessing all opening and closing storage tank dipping in the morning and afternoon respectively
- Supervising and witnessing all receipt of bulk products into tanks to ensure acceptable product quality and quantities through strict adherence and reinforcement of product receipt procedures
- Ensure availability of authorised documents for loading of bulk products into tank trucks for delivery to customers & supervision of the whole loading process by strict adherence and reinforcement of product loading procedures to achieve safe loading process & accuracy.
- Participate by assisting the Depot Manager in the implementation of all Health, Safety, Security and Environment action items arising from all company safety systems.
- Doing daily bulk reconciliations Material Balances for the depot to eliminate variations and in plant product oil losses of white products for the depot and investigating and explaining all losses outside tolerances.
- Ensuring timely processing of product receipts and transfers
- Participating in all Monthly Oil Loss Meetings at the depot
- Ensuring good housekeeping in the depot loading and offloading bays, tank farms, office buildings and washrooms.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of two years experience
- Good understanding of depot equipment & all factors that go with it.
- Honesty, a very high sense of integrity &amp; professionalism in all actions
- Flexible and able to work long hours.
- Experienced enough, very analytical in safe depot operations
- Product Knowledge and Fire Fighting Competency.
- Safety conscious of the type of products involved in and very knowledgeable
Method Of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications and resumes not later than Friday 2nd September ,2022
Email: email@example.com under the title Depot Assistant
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org