Population Services International
PSI Malawi is affiliated with Population Service International, a Washington DC-based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi’s mission is to support low-income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi’s goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Demand Creation Officer – VMMC
Reporting to the Demand Creation Supervisor/Coordinator the Demand Creation Officer shall be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of VMMC demand creation activities at the community level. Specifically, He/She will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Develop a weekly work plan outlining demand creation activities
- Identify and recruit community mobilizers and maintain a minimum number of 15 mobilizers per given circle.
- Supervise and mentor a team of community mobilizers during the implementation of demand creation activities for the VMMC program.
- Conduct catchment area mapping and allocate areas to mobilizers.
- Conduct IPC training for mobilizers in the assigned cluster periodically
- Continuously conduct community engagement activities such as community dialogues to ensure buy-in of activities from time to time
- Collect mobilizers’ weekly data and compile and submit bi-weekly reports to the VMMC Demand Creation Supervisor.
- Explore various demand creation strategies while in the community to ensure more and proper reach to men aged 15+ years to increase VMMC uptake and maintain it within 60 to 70%.
- Closely monitor community mobilizers and conduct supportive supervision that includes constructive feedback for improvement
- Identify places where older men gather within the communities and utilize appropriate VMMC mobilization and recruitment strategy
- Identify potential sites as well as backup sites and prepare the same 2 weeks before service delivery.
- Plan and organize periodic activities i.e. fun days, Blitz, and football bonanzas to support the IPC work of mobilizers
- Respond to issues as and when they arise in the community to ensure continued support from community gatekeepers as well as community members at large to avoid service disruption.
- In collaboration with mobilizers, conduct up to 3 follow-up visits to booked clients who do not come to the clinic 2 days after referral.
- Leading site-level demand creation activities such as mobilizer recruitments and training.
- Conduct client verification in collaboration with clinic staff and update mobilizer booking sheets as appropriate.
- Collect and compile weekly data and submit the same to M&E for entry into the demand creation database as well as monthly analysis.
- Build and maintain partnerships with community-based organizations such as youth clubs as a way of widening the demand creation footprint
Qualification, Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
Applicants must possess the following qualifications, knowledge, abilities, and skills
- Degree in Public Health, Journalism/Community Development, or relevant field
- At least 2 years experience in community mobilization and engagement, behavior change communication programs, or Communication for Development. Vast experience in VMMC will be considered in lieu of the stated qualifications
- Oral and written communication skills, facilitation & negotiation skills.
- Skills to analyze, and interpret data to resolve complex and continuously evolving challenges within the VMMC program.
- Creative, proactive, self-starter, and effective team player.
- Results oriented
Mode of application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 26th August2022, with the job position in the subject line, to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwethrough: email@example.com with the job title as a subject line.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individualsregardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance,political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy or relatedmedical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts orthreats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, or anyone associated with the delivery ofour programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.
PSI Malawi has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised: PSI Malawi will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. All active jobs are advertised directly in the newspapers or vetted career websites. Official PSI emails will always arrive from a @psimalawi.org email address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit psimalawi.org.