Her Liberty Malawi
HeR Liberty is a Women-led organisation that envisions Malawi’s future growth and development through investing in the health, education and capabilities of young people. HeR Liberty supports young people with age appropriate educational information especially Sexually Reproductive Health information, training and mentorship to ensure they reach their fullest potential. The organization has reached over 5000 young people through our peer to peer model.
Her Liberty believes in the power of young people to make informed decisions when they have been educated and trained with all the relevant information and advocacy skills especially girls and young women. Her Liberty was originally established in Namibia in the year of 2012, by three young women activists striving for a community of empowered women and girls living with respect, self-worth and dignity. HeR Liberty works with young people focusing on empowerment and peer mentorship programs. Currently HeR Liberty is registered with National Youth Council, Zomba Civil Society Organisation and the Malawi Government under the Trustees Incorporation Act.
HeR Liberty Malawi was established against the backdrop of: Young people who drop out of school due to financial challenges, child marriage and early & unintended pregnancy, lack of guidance, counselling and mentorship services for young people, lack of access to youth friendly information including comprehensive sexuality education. HeR Liberty equips and supports youth led organisations, youth groups and young individuals especially girls and young women to be change agents in their respective communities.
The data Interns will be responsible for data entry, processing and management following the Standard Operating Procedures for data management as well as compiling weekly and monthly reports. The Interns will also perform any other duties as assigned by the Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The Data Research Interns will be based in Zomba.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Entering beneficiary and project data from source documents within time limits
- Compiling, verifying accuracy and sorting information to prepare data entry in computers
- Reviewing data for errors, correcting any incompatibilities and checking database output
- Support facilitation of data collection and obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Apply data program techniques and procedures
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Comply with data integrity, ethical and protection considerations and security policies
- Perform regular backups to ensure data backup in computer servers
- Diploma in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Health Information Systems, Statistics, or its equivalent. Some hands on experience in research and nongovernmental organization set-up is an added advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content
- Experience with meta-data standards and database best practices
- Dataset preparation and data cleaning
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills/ knowledge
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, data lover, ability to think big picture strategy and navigate details to ensure accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment is a must
- Cyber security knowledge would be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills
Position title MUST be indicated in the subject line.
- The successful candidate will be offered 5 months’ contract with a possibility of renewal depending on availability of funding and performance.
Method Of Application
NOTE: Interested candidates should submit their applications including cover letter and well detailed CV with at least 3 traceable referees to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close on 1st Sept 2022. 6PM