United Civil Servants SACCO
The United Civil Servants SACCO is a member owned institution that offers a range of savings and credit products to civil servants in Malawi its goal is to improve the social economic lives of all civil servants in Malawi. It therefore invites applications from candidates with the passion and drive to help in improving their community and country.
Post: Credit Evaluations & Collections Manager
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Employment Type: Fulltime
The overall objective of this job is overseeing the department of Credit and Evaluation of the organization which includes managing loan officers, loan processes, and loan portfolios to ensure the organization’s loan portfolio is profitable and risk-managed. Monitoring and addressing late payments and delinquent accounts and taking action to recover unpaid loans. This role also involves analyzing loan data to identify trends and patterns in delinquent accounts and developing strategies to mitigate these risks.
Major Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities / Deliverables:
1. Management of organizations loan book growth
- Grow the loan book by the given target
- Generate demand for loans from members
2. Management of loan processing (Centralized and decentralized)
- Assessment of loans as per investment and lending policy
- Maintaining loan form register
- Disbursement of loans
- Transferring shares from disbursed amount into shares account for those with less shares
- Payoffs of old loans for those that are refinancing
- Check loan insertions & proper filling of loan forms
- Proper management of loan forms( filing all loan forms according to dates)
- Management of Insurance of loans.
3. Management of delinquency
- Checking right insertions ( amount plus balance in PSM)
- Checking the age of the member before applying loans ( to avoid giving loans to the would be retirees)
- Applying loans with right number of months to be repaid as per loan application form
- Production of delinquency reports weekly or daily if possible and take action for those that have fallen delinquent
- Production of monthly delinquency report to check loan loss provision
- Determining the loan loss provision for delinquent loans.
- Making loan follow ups by phone or physically if necessary
4. Management of written off loans
- Keeping a proper record of all written off loans
- Follow-up of written off loans
- Posting amount collected from written off loans to bad debts recovery
- Compilation of reports for management and board on a weekly ,monthly, quarterly and quarterly basis
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A business-related Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a financial institution.
- Those with a Master’s Degree will have an added advantage
- Knowledge of 5 Cs of credit
- Analytical skills
- Delinquency management skills
- Should the drive to performance and should be able to energize all in the department towards high performance
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Scheduling and monitoring
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills as they shall be coordinating and interacting with credit committee and branch Managers
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team work
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with at least three (3) traceable references plus copies of certificates including MSCE not later than 12 November 2023, to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.