VisionFund Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the
following vacant position tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe:
CREDIT ANALYST – 2 POSITIONS
Purpose of the position:
- Gathering all documentation needed to process credit applications.
- Evaluating credit risk by analyzing financial statements of borrowers to assess the
borrowers’ financial stability and ability to repay the loan.
- Assess risks associated with lending.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assessing the credit worthiness of SMEs
- Preparation of loan contracts for approved loan applications.
- Responsible for establishment and maintaining of effective credit analysis standards in the institution.
- Any other related duties as required or assigned from time to time.
Minimum Education and Work
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related qualification from an accredited University
or a Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Three to five years credit analysis, loan review or related experience.
- Commercial Credit Analysis experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and determination of credit worthiness.
- Knowledge of bank policies and procedures.
- Understanding of general accounting methods.
- Familiarity with loan documentation
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong logic, reasoning, and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of microfinance and banking industry.
- Advanced knowledge of statutory and regulatory banking compliance and International Accounting Standards.
- Knowledge of the economy/markets where VisionFund Malawi is operating
- Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing and spreadsheet software
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed
Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture and Administration
Private Bag A232,
Closing date for receiving applications is 31st May, 2023. Female candidates are encouraged
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on
the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org