ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Planning: Develop and update the country strategy as required, ensuring alignment with regional strategy and with World Renew’s Strategic Plan, vision, and global strategic priorities. Develop and implement a multi-year operational plan and budget that enables the achievement of the country strategy.
2. Leadership: Effectively communicate, engage, train, develop, and provide accountability for staff.
3. Organizing: Create structure, conditions, and systems for the team to flourish. Ensure all staff are oriented to organizational policies, guidelines and best practices for their position, their conduct, and their responsibilities in alignment with our commitment and adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standard.
-Ensure financial oversight of the country budget.
-Provide human resource leadership to all staff by ensuring appropriate strategies are in place for recruitment, compensation, employee appraisals and development, and staff care.
-Provide administrative oversight for all country office matters and assets, including supervision of staff, ensuring compliance with national laws, and ensuring security protocols are in place, monitored, maintained, and reviewed.
-Representing and Networking: Develop and build relationships with partner organization staff, networks, and alliances, with national religious leaders, with government representatives, with NGOs and any other appropriate national forums or strategic partnerships.
-Develop a country funding and donor management strategy, in consultation with CORE and the Regional Director, to identify and secure a stable funding base to support the country’s program needs.
-Develop and maintain relationships with donors and constituents, e.g., institutional partners, churches, partner agencies, international aid organizations and other donors. This includes actively supporting education and fundraising efforts which may include hosting in country, travel within Canada/USA, video conferencing and producing content.
-Actively contribute to all regional team activities
-Capacity building: Develop and manage partner relationships in the country by providing coaching/training to implement and improve policies, programs and systems. Ensure that partners have the capacity to build local, sustainable community-based organizations to implement and sustain the programs through effective consulting.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERTISE
1. Able to respect and support the mission, vision, and values of the CRCNA and World Renew.
2. Demonstrated commitment to Christ and being able to recognize this position as one that contributes to the work of His Kingdom
4. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure.
5. Working knowledge of and a commitment to core sustainable development and relief concepts, models, and values.
6. Demonstrated ability to implement, improve, and integrate community development programs.
7. Demonstrated ability to provide effective facilitation, negotiation, active listening, decision-making and problem-solving.
8. Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and work in a collaborative complex international team environment.
9. Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with partner organizations, government, and other organizations.
12. Demonstrated competence in all basic technical computer skills, especially Microsoft (project management, communications, and reporting software applications).
1. Mature Christian committed to serving Jesus Christ and other people through servant leadership. Agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Commitment to and ability to articulate a Christian worldview, particularly as it relates to World Renew’s vision, mission, values, and programs.
3. Minimum of ten years work experience in a cross-cultural international management or organizational development role working in a community development, disaster response, and/or organizational consultation environment of which three years’ management experience
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment encountered, and physical demands described here, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Computer work and concentrated reading, sitting for long periods of time
- Setting up training sites with education process equipment and methods (including for example easels, projectors, PowerPoint and so forth
-Work is difficult and diversified and requires the frequent application of a high degree of independent thinking to originate and develop procedures, techniques or ideas within the parameters of a broad conceptual outline.
About The Christian Reformed Church in North America
The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) includes just over one thousand congregations across the United States and Canada. About 75 percent of the churches are in the United States and 25 percent are in Canada. While we’re a denomination with churches and ministries in two countries, we share in the blessings of ecclesial unity and joint ministry. Almost 230,000 people belong to the CRCNA—not a large number when you consider the population of our two countries. But by God’s grace we can accomplish a lot when we work together.
The CRCNA denominational offices serve the local church, providing resources to pastors and congregations so that people are introduced to Jesus Christ and their faith is nurtured. Other agencies of the CRCNA include ReFrame Ministries, Resonate Global Missions and World Renew.Be Who You Are
To apply for this job please visit crcna.pinpointhq.com.