Blantyre Hotels Plc (BHP)
EXECUTIVE SEARCH-CORPORATE SERVICES MANAGER
BLANYTRE HOTELS PLC
1.0 ABOUT THE COMPANY
Blantyre Hotels Plc (BHP) is a Hospitality Company that has recently grown significantly in both size and complexity. It started its operations in 1921 under the name of Nyasaland Hotel, before changing its name to Blantyre Ryalls Hotel, which is affiliated to Protea Hotels by Marriott. The company is in the process of extending its footprint to the Capital City of Malawi, Lilongwe.
2.0 POSITION FUNCTION AND PURPOSE
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the post which is based in Blantyre, has overall accountability for providing executive guidance, leadership and direction to ensure the successful and sustainable attainment of the corporate vision and mission. The role will also be responsible for providing secretarial services for the company.
3.0 KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Acts as a liaison between the Board and the corporate affairs and company secretarial duties as well as between Marriott International and the Hotel’s Executive Management and the Board.
- Coordinates the preparation of the strategic and annual plans of the company for specific periods;
- Ensures that hotel managers meet their performance targets as well as financial and business standards
- Prepares the company’s audited consolidated financial statements and annual reports
- Ensures compliance with tax rules and regulations and handles all matter related hereto
- Prepares financial models and forecasting
- Ensures that systems, policies and procedures are in place and are adhered to
- Ensures that the company complies with all listing rules/requirements
- Ensures new project planning and financial oversight
- Sources funding for new investments and determines the appropriate/ suitable financing structure
- Ensures sound financial management of the company’s assets and liabilities
- Provides technical support to the Board and ensures that board’s decisions are implemented
- Ensures effective and sustainable stakeholder relationship
- Acts as Company Secretary to the Board and all its committees
- Schedules meetings of the Board and sets agenda items for meetings in liaison with the Chairperson and ensures that information and papers for meetings are sent to the Board members in advance; and
- Performs any other related duties as assigned from time to time by the Board
4.0 RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Accountancy Degree or similar qualification from a recognized university, those with a master’s degree will have an added advantage
- Professional qualification: ACCA or CIMA or ACIS or ICAM
- A Diploma in Business Law will be an added advantage
- A registered member of ICAM
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in a managerial position reporting to the Board of Directors or a committee of the Board.
5.0 KEY COMPETENCIES/ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Strategic Management skills
- Project Management knowledge
- Excellent understanding of the various sectors of the Malawi economy
- Effective negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of business law
- Experience in company secretarial duties
- Experience in Taxation Management and Auditing
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical and analytical thinker and
- Result oriented
A competitive package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the successful candidate.
Method Of Application
Applications addressed to, The Board of Directors, Blantyre Hotels Plc., P. O. Box, 21 Blantyre, must be sent to; email@example.com not later than 12th November 2023.
Blantyre Hotels Plc, is an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women are also encouraged to apply.