Pyxus Agriculture (Malawi) Limited
Pyxus Agriculture Limited is a subsidiary of a trusted provider of responsibly sourced, independently verified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients, operating in Malawi servicing the needs of its shareholders and their customers. A career opportunity has arisen in our organisation for the position of Contract Sales Officer.
Reporting to the Zone Operations Manager, the Contract Sales Officer is responsible for overseeing, directing, coordinating and securing buying of contracted crops (tobacco over the auction floors and groundnuts in field) from contracted growers (IPS and CM) in line with the buying plan.
- Assist Area Field Supervisors (AFSs) in grower campaigning, attending meetings and achieving AOP / STRAT plan volumes (IPS and CM).
- Ensures that farmer registration contracts are completed and submitted on time and in full for both crops.
- Acts as a go to interface between Growers, Sale floors, Buying, Logistics, Inventory, Finance, Sales and Production.
- Liaises and negotiates with growers and grower bodies to source desired volumes of contracted crops (Tobacco and groundnuts).
- Ensures structured, intentional communication and coordination on matters relating to sales and buying plan for Tobacco and Groundnuts.
- Handles complaints and bottlenecks in the buying and sales plan process to improve on and achieve contracted volumes.
- Assists on the daily workflow and schedules of the zone operational areas in relation to sales and buying plans (Tobacco and groundnuts).
- Support in overseeing production processes, Field Technician and Grower trainings and adherence to Good Agricultural Practices (GAP).
- Develops, implements and manages a strategic buying plan (Tobacco & Groundnuts).
- Negotiates on progress of deliveries based on agreed delivery timelines and contracts per operating area.
- Coordinates and overseas buying points and route schedules.
- Manages and provides support in the offloading at warehouses, AHL (Tobacco) and up until sign-off to Logistics Department (Groundnuts).
- Proactively handles complaints, grievances and / or queries related to registration, contract, buying, marketing and sales.
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability: reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems and other variables.
- Participates in the planning and recruitment of Bailing Centre / Buying Centre Clerks when required, along with onboarding and orientation.
- Communicate all expressions of interest from potential growers and suppliers. Act as a company interface, building working relationships and dialogue.
- Ensures routine and good communication with growers on matters relating to contracts, licensing, registration and buying plan. Amicable dialogue.
- Ensure that growers have duly paid the appropriate fees for license / registration.
- Ensure all purchases are uploaded into IFAS.
- Coordinating data flow among ToPs sales, Farmer Management System (FMS/TIMS), IFAS Tobacco Sales Systems and Groundnuts Sales System
- University degree in Logistics, Sales or Marketing (from an accredited institution).
- 2 years Experience in logistics coordination and or supply chain management.
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) linked to product development, product sales/marketing, distribution and logistics.
- Grower / customer relations management.
- Knowledge of Farming Operations / Smallholder
- Operations and Smallholder Farmer Engagement.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to plan and coordinate large areas of production.
- Results orientated.
Dynamic self-starter with excellent inter personal skills and high regard for personal integrity and trustworthiness.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three traceable referees to the address below, not later than 02nd November, 2023.
The Human Resources Director
Pyxus Agriculture (Malawi) Limited
P.O. Box 40048, Kanengo
Or Email: MWLilongweRecruitment@aointl.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.