KAMA sugarcane growers Cooperative
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO FACILITATE MANAGEMENT AND BOARD TRAINING
KATUNGA MASEYA (KAMA) sugarcane growers Cooperative received matching grant funds from Agricultural commercialization (AGCOM) project to implement a sub project titled “Sugar cane Production Project” and would like to use part of this funding for the following consultancy services.
KAMA sugarcane growers Cooperative has membership of 2,387 members from Dambo, Bwana and
Mwitha schemes. The former two schemes are being developed by AGCOM grant funding; Farmers in these schemes are organized into Eight (8) business centers. Business centers have 13 executive members and the executive members’ from all the business centers represent members at KAMA Cooperative as a whole. PressCane Limited has acquired shares in KAMA Sugarcane Growers Cooperative after receiving a waiver from Ministry of Trade and Industry and after amending KAMA by-laws and will be represented by an individual in KAMA cooperative chosen by PressCane Limited.
According to Productive alliance contract between KAMA Cooperative and PressCane Limited,
Employee (s) of PressCane Limited will provide inspections of production processes in order to provide support on agronomical husbandry practices to ensure that high quality of sugarcane is grown and supplied to PressCane Limited.
KAMA Cooperative has sub-committees and recruited the Farm Manager, senior accountant to support implementation of KAMA business plan.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY ASSIGNMENT AND SCOPE OF WORK
The overall objective of the assignment is to train KAMA Cooperative board members (further on the roles of the chair, vice chair, treasurer, secretary and vice secretary), management, PressCane representative, three member from each of KAMA subcommittees and TIS on their roles and responsibilities in implementing KAMA business plan. Specifically the consultant will:
Deliver face to face Cooperative management training to KAMA board members, subcommittees, KAMA management, PressCane representative, TIS , stakeholders and on their working relationship (Boundaries and limits).The Consultant is expected to make references to the following documents in preparation for training materials
1. Cooperative societies Act 1998
2. KAMA Cooperative bylaws
3. AGCOM project document, structure of implementation, KAMA and AGCOM grant agreement
4. TIS handbook and TIS reference manual
5. Productive alliance contract between PressCane Limited and KAMA Cooperative
1. Inception report
2. Consolidate/ prepare tailor made training materials in Cooperative Management and Governance; Materials to be vetted by the client within 5 days prior to the training
3. Deliver three days face to face training workshop to KAMA Cooperative board members, management and stakeholders involved
4. Develop term of reference(TORs) for board members, Farm Manager, Senior Accountant and sub-committees
5. Prepare and submit a final report which consolidates experiences, lessons, recommendations, and follow-up actions
LEVEL OF EFFORT
1. Inception report to be submitted within 7 days after signing contract
2. Training materials preparation 3 days.
3. Training delivery 3 days
4. Consolidation of Terms Of References(TORs) 1 day
5. Report consolidation and submission 2 days
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. At least five years working with cooperatives
2. Master’s degree in agribusiness management, agricultural economics, business administration or related field
3. Previous experience in providing non generic cooperative management trainings
4. Ability to work independently and responsively
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, which should include the following:
1. An expression of interest,
2. Detailed curriculum vitae specifying qualifications and related experience
All applications MUST be emailed to the address below in one or more files (PDF preferred).
Email: Info@kamamw.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for receiving applications is Midnight, Thursday, 16th November, 2023.