Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting a Component 2 Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the five-year USAID funded Learn to Perform (L2P) Task Order in Malawi. The L2P Activity period of performance is from August 2022 through July 2027. The goal of L2P is to strengthen Mission capacity to make data-driven decisions and strategically steer the Mission’s highly integrated CDCS towards greater development results.
The MEL Specialist will support a range of activities related to performance monitoring, evaluations, assessments, and other analytical activities. The position is full-time and based in Lilongwe, and Malawi Citizens of Malawi are encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical assistance to Mission technical teams and implementing partners in the development, review, or revision of their MEL frameworks;
- Conduct or support data quality assessments;
- Provide technical support to the design of data collection instruments;
- Support the collection, cleaning, coding, and analysing of data for evaluations, assessments, and other analytical activities;
- Collaborate with other project staff to package M&E findings for use in learning events and capacity building initiatives;
- Facilitate MEL trainings for Mission staff, IPs, and other partners; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in M&E, Economics, Statistics data science and other related fields;
- At least five years of experience working in MEL, preferably on USAID or other donor-funded awards in Malawi;
- Professional experience in at least one of the following thematic areas: health, education, public sector governance and accountability, positive youth development, private sector engagement, and gender and social inclusion and;
- Demonstrated familiarity with ADS 201
- Experience working for USAID or on a USAID-funded award; and
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative analytical software packages.
Location and Reporting Line
- The Component 2 MEL Specialist will be based in Lilongwe and reports to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.