Sunbird Tourism Plc
Sunbird Tourism PLC, registered on Malawi Stock Exchange, owns and manages nine hotels and resorts strategically located across Malawi.
A vacancy for the above mentioned position has arisen. Reporting to Head of Corporate Services, the incumbent will act as secretary to the Board and have the overall responsibility of providing legal services to the Company, defending the company in all legal suits, drafting of all legal agreements and codes, ensuring compliance to all relevant Laws and Regulations.
The key performance areas for the position include, but not limited to:
- Maintain Statutory records
- Contracts’ management and execution
- Conduct Litigation for the Company (when necessary)
- Oversight of external legal services
- Act as Secretary to the Board
- Compliance with all legal regulatory requirements
- Compliance with Malawi Stock Exchange Rules
- Advise the Board and Management on legal and governance issues
- Intellectual property and trademarks protection
To succeed in this position, the ideal candidate should possess the following attributes, inter alia:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law obtained from the University of Malawi or any other recognized University or Law School.
- A member of the Malawi Law Society with current practicing license
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity in a commercially oriented organization
- Demonstrable and hands on experience in litigation, especially in labor and commercial matters
- A person of high moral standards and ethical conduct
- A team player
Those who have worked for listed companies will have an added advantage.
Method Of Application
If you feel you fit the profile, please send in your application letter complete with your resume and three traceable referees with contact telephone numbers to:
Division Manager- People and Culture
Sunbird Tourism Plc
P O Box 376
Closing date of receiving application letters is February 3, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org