Press Corporation PLC
Press Properties Limited (PPL) seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the key
post of Company Accountant.
PPL was established in 1969 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Press Corporation Plc (PCL), which is listed on the Malawi Stock Exchange (MSE). Its services include: property management, property valuations, property development, and property transactions and advisory services. With a proven track record of delivering high-quality residential and commercial projects over the years, PPL is committed to shaping the urban property landscape of Malawi. More details about PPL can be accessed on www.pressproperties.com.
The Company Accountant (CA) shall be responsible to the General Manager in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities of providing effective and efficient
strategic financial guidance to fully unearth PPL’s potential. The CA will also be responsible
for overseeing policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management and statutory compliance. The CA will also help to plan, lead, control, and report on the performance of the department towards the delivery of the following objectives;
i. Improve financial performance towards the delivery of financial viability of PPL
ii. Improve financial governance towards delivery of statutory requirements, as well as
requirements of Board and all stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the CA shall include – but not be limited to the following:
1. Providing strategic financial leadership to PPL, ensuring that it achieves its strategic
2. Establishing, reviewing and ensuring maintenance of sound management systems,
including adherence to established rules, policies and regulations on finance matters.
3. Ensuring timely production and submission of monthly consolidated management
accounts and financial reports to all relevant stakeholders.
4. Preparation of financial statements in accordance with relevant IFRSs and in
compliance with Companies Act.
5. Engaging and liaising with both internal and external auditors for the effective
carrying out of audits as and when they are due.
6. Budget and budgetary control entailing annual budget preparation, cost controlling
and revenue performance monitoring.
7. Effective cashflow management by ensuring that billing is done in time and that there is effective credit control management.
8. Project accounting, including tracking WIP against budget and measurement of benefits.
9. Stakeholders’ relationship management involving maintenance of good working relationship with PPL’s financial stakeholders, partners, clients, banks and suppliers
in various financial matters in the course of business dealings.
10. Timely preparation and submission of tax returns covering income tax, VAT, FBT, WHT, PAYE, etc.
11. Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the General Manager/Controlling Officers.
The CA should possess the following:
- High integrity
- Good knowledge of financial management, with good leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill.
- Self-motivated, a team player, and result oriented.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages such as SAP will be an added advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The suitable candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Full professional qualification such as: ACCA, CPA, CIMA, or ACA.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or any related field.
- A member in good standing with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Malawi
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience in accounting.
Method Of Application
Applicants, meeting the required qualifications, experience and competencies should
submit their application letter, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and names of
three traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chief Finance and Administration Executive
Press Corporation PLC
P. O. Box 1227
Applications submission deadline is, Friday, 10th November, 2023. Only short-listed
candidates will be acknowledged.