Community Outreach Officer – North (1 Position)
Tetra Tech urgently seeks to recruit a self-motivated Community Outreach Officer to be based in Mzuzu. Successful candidate will actively support implementation of the USAID-funded Secondary Education Expansion for Development (SEED) Project. Please follow the stipulations below when submitting your electronic application.
The Community Outreach Officer – North will be responsible for coordination of all community engagement and outreach activities in the North including; coordinating project activities with local leaders and impact communities, establishing and training of Community Management Committees (CMCs), leading in the development of training calendars for OM of new school facilities and project monitoring, evaluation and learning and raising community awareness non all project issues relevant to the community.
Experience and qualifications:
Applicants should be self-motivated professionals who are fluent in both written and spoken English and Chichewa. Candidates who are fluent in Tumbuka are encouraged to apply. Further to this, applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Rural/Community Development or Social Science, or any related fields from a NCHE accredited university.
- At least 3 years experience in conducting research, community outreach and engagement activities preferably obtained while working for a donor sponsored project.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills and ability to multitask and solve problems with minimum supervision or seeking guidance proactively when necessary.
- Experience and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) processes including facilitation of Focus Group Discussions and use of Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Tools and Techniques.
- Ability to travel within assigned region of Malawi
Method Of Application
All eligible and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their application package via email to: email@example.com
The package should include the following information in your email.
- Subject of your email should specify project name and position you are applying for Eg: “SEED – Outreach Officer”
Email Application Package should include the following:
- One Page Application Letter & sums up your experience and academic qualifications and why you should be considered for the position.
- CV that should be in PDF Format, concise, maximum two pages in length, and highlight relevant experience ONLY & presented in chronological order
- The CV should be saved with your name and the position applied for. For example: CV for Jane Doe – Community Outreach Officer North
Submission deadline: 2nd February, 2023 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.