Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication is one of the leading local health and development communication NGO in Malawi. Pakachere exists to empower Malawians, particularly the vulnerable, to choose and sustain healthy behaviours, through service delivery, evidence-based communication, community mobilization, advocacy and networking. Pakachere invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Community Mobilization Officer
Project: GF-Adolescent Girls and Young Women
Responsible to: Project Manager
Key Relationships: M&E Manager and Field Officers
Working hours: 40 hours
Contract: Full time, 1-year contract – renewable
Purpose of Job
The Community Mobilization Officer (CMO) will be responsible for overall demand creation for services access among AGYW in the WVI- GF Project. S/he will work with AGYW, parents, community and religious leaders, health care workers and schools. The CMO will be responsible for designing and disseminating information to raise awareness on HIV prevention and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR). The incumbent will ensure routine identification of emerging barriers towards accessing services among AGYW and designing intervention messages to address the barriers. S/he will support community cadres such as Peer Educators and Youth Group members to plan and implement demand creation activities among AGYW and community members. The CMO will be a “catalyst” for raising community action, participation and ownership.
- Conduct routine assessments to establish existing barriers towards accessing services among AGYW.
- Design and develop messages and demand creation activities that will respond to the identified barriers.
- Mentor peer educators/cadres to deliver packages for behavioural change communication (BCC).
- Document processes used to identify barriers, message design as well as designed BCC interventions.
- Mobilise community members to ensure community participation and involvement in project activities that will ensure increased patronage of girls into AGYW clubs.
- In liaison with Project Manager and DHO, facilitate health education talks for in and out of school young people.
- Facilitate community awareness about project priorities, strategies and approaches.
- Supervise and coordinate community-based trainings and activities by Field Officers.
- Support the communities to ensure that AGYW demand creation activities are well implemented by the Field Officers.
- Conduct regular and consistent monitoring of project demand creation activities and link progress against number of AGYW mobilised.
- Provide monthly reports of project progress to Project Manager.
- Undertake regular community supervision.
- Undertake monthly project feedback collection and documentation of impact and success stories.
- Share and analyse community challenges and successes for lessons learnt best practices
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree Level; SBCC qualification is an added advantage (or equivalent through experience gained in a similar role)
- Good understanding of SBCC and project management.
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization and community engagement.
- Experience working with AGYW and communities.
- Experience in planning, coordination and managing community initiatives.
- Knowledge in budgeting and workplan development
- Knowledge of HIV and AIDS and how to manage Global Fund activities.
- Experience working with AGYW will be an added advantage.
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Verbal communications and inter-personal skills including the ability to communicate clearly and assertively with a wide range of people from different cultures.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to communities.
- Good analytical skills.
- Report writing and editing skills including the ability to present information in a coherent manner.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit their applications, including detailed Curriculum vitae (CV) with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to:
The Human Resources Manage
P O Box 30248|
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting. Closing date for receiving applications is 25th January,2023 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Pakachere IHDC is an equal opportunities employer; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com .