Mota Engil Malawi
Health, Safety and Environmental Department
COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER
Reporting To: Health, Safety and Environmental Supervisor
Description of Responsibilities
- Arranging meetings of the Project Liaison Committee and recording the minutes
- Organising the Public Meetings as instructed by the Engineer
- Engaging with the local communities in respect of complaints and incidents arising out of the execution of the works
- Providing monthly reports on the impact of the works on the local communities
- Engagement with the local communities in respect of access and compensation issues.
- Identify any social impacts resulting from the project and coordinate with all environmental and social teams to manage social concerns;
- Support social communications;
- Support the establishment of appropriate Grievance Redress Committees including works complaint committees;
- Liaise with Government and other specialists on coordinated prevention of SEA, Child Protection and Gender based violence.
- The Community Liaison Officer may not have other responsibilities on the site.
- The Community Liaison Officer must be fluent in the following languages English and the predominant local language in the project area
- Total Work – Experience (years) = 7
- In Similar Works – Experience (years) = 5
- Chataloma Site – Kasungu / Jenda M1, Lot2, Road Project
Nasra House – 1st Floor – City Centre
P.O. Box 31379 – Lilongwe 3
Tel.: + 265 1773 738
Opening date : 11th November, 2022
Closing date : 18th November, 2022