As a member of the Programs team, the incumbent will coordinate all aspects of demand creation and mobilization of selected communities and districts. S/He will work to support the coordination and implementation of the Beit CURE Hospital (BCH) community engagement strategies that encourage participation assuring the community of confidentiality, safety and, security. The position is expected to work with multisectoral stakeholders at district and community levels. S/He will monitor communities and ensure that they are aware of all Beit CURE Hospital activities and are willing to participate. The jobholder will be responsible for finding creative solutions to challenges identified in health promotion, community. Orthopedic/reconstructive surgery case finding, linkage to care and treatment and social care for excluded children with disabilities as well as provide targeted and data-driven interventions aimed at reaching out to the unserved populations with disabilities.
- Implementing creative and aggressive data-driven health promotion programs/activities in the province aimed at creating demand for disability care and treatment services
- Quantification and priority populations focusing on children under the age of 18 and devise age specific health promotion programs/activities;
- Plan schedules for community mobilization to ensure all targeted areas of operation are reached with activities. Ensure that logistical requirements of activities are organized in a timely manner
- Actively Advocates for the project with key gate keepers, village leaders, disabled and civic/religious leaders, Ministry of Health to encourage participation in CURE programs
- Engage relevant Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs) and other key community players to establish good relations within areas of operation, including planning and implementation of meetings.
- Coordinate outreach activities, to ensure key messages are disseminated appropriately using community mechanisms according to age and gender
- Coordinating community disability care and treatment services in collaboration with project staff in order to accelerate Disability Case Identification and linkage to care and treatment.
- Participate in the implementation plan to monitor community acceptance of CURE programs.
- Manage data and provide monthly reports
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Public Health, Community Health Studies or Clinical Medicine or any relevant studies.
- At least 3 years previous working experience in community health engagement programs.
- Strong experience and understanding of integrated community health programs.
- Strong understanding of community mapping and partnership development.
- Experience in implementing Community Based Programs and facilitating community meetings.
- Experience working with databases and providing regular documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fluency in English and other Malawian language(s) .
- Demonstration of a mature Christian faith.
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Must possess strong skills in monitoring, evaluation, research and conducting participatory, community-led assessments.
- Excellent community mobilization skill
- Strong work ethic, high level of dedication
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of Malawian health sector community health
- Ability to multitask and work with multidisciplinary teams
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.