Churches Action in Relief and Development (CARD)
Churches Action in Relief and Development (CARD) is a member of Act Alliance working in the field of Humanitarian Response, Advocacy and Long-term Development. CARD works in 9 Districts in Malawi namely; Nsanje, Chikwawa, Mulanje, Machinga, Balaka, Phalombe, Lilongwe, Dowa and Mchinji. The Head Office of CARD is in Blantyre.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant positions of Communications Officer tenable at Head Office in Blantyre.
The Communications Officer will be reporting to the Human Resources and Administration Manager. The Communications Officer will be responsible for creating communications content on behalf of the organization by gathering and compiling CARD’s news and production of programs in an innovative way. The person will further be responsible for dissemination of CARD’s news and information on relevant social media platforms such as Facebook, Website and Twitter pages.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, write and disseminate information about CARD;
- Promote CARD visibility through appropriate media channels;
- Develop a communications policy for the organization in liaison with the Human Resources and Administration Manager;
- Research on information that would be relevant to the organization;
- Overseeing press relations by providing media with information about the organization;
- Maintaining digital media archives including photos and videos;
- Maintaining and updating CARD website; and
- Designing Annual Reports and other publications of the organization.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications and other attributes
An ideal candidate for this role should have the following:
- Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication or other relevant disciplines with 3 years experience in Mass Communication and Graphic designing. Those with a Diploma in Mass Communication with over 5 years experience may be considered.
- Able to multitask and use multimedia to advance the goal of CARD.
- Team player
- Strong writing skills
Method Of Application
Interested persons with suitable qualifications should submit their applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae and names of three traceable referees, one of whom should be a clergy, to:
The Executive Director
P.O Box 2733
Closing date for receiving applications is 24th January 2023. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged. CARD is an equal opportunity employer and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates should be prepared to start work immediately.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND RELATED POLICIES
CARD adheres to the ACT Alliance Code of Conduct and the Core Humanitarian Standards, implemented alongside other related policies; such as the Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy, Antifraud Policy, Disability Policy and the Child Protection Policy. These have been developed to ensure protection of vulnerable persons from any exploitation.
The policies clarify the roles and responsibilities of CARD staff, volunteers, interns, visitors, consultants, partner organizations and other stakeholders in their dealings with CARD and rights holders. Any candidate offered a job with CARD will be expected to sign the Code of Conduct and related policies. By signing the policies, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the contents of the policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance\u00a0with the provisions of those policies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com