World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. It is an intemational partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. It is a child focused organization and its goal is sustained wellbeing of (150 million) children within families and communities especially the most vulnerable.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill related vacant post that exist in the Thrive Project as per below details. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
COMMUNICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
1 Position, Based in Lilongwe District.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and leadership in the collection and management of Technical Programme information and facilitate production of a range of written and photographic communications resources/materials linked to five focus areas of WVM Communications: donor and public engagement; media relations and coverage; potential humanitarian emergency situations; public advocacy; and internal communications processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
i. Knowledge Management System Development
- Designs the knowledge management and engagement plan
- To lead the development, plan and support the implementation of a Knowledge Management Strategy in line with World Vision requirements.
- Provides expert advice on the development and implementation of the projects Knowledge Management System and follow up on the implementation of actions in the work plan and tasks.
- Develops new approaches on matters related to the projects Knowledge Management System
- Ensures that all systems supporting Knowledge Management work in an integrated fashion and are appropriately supported and developed to guarantee a high and continuing level of efficiency benefit to the project
ii. Knowledge Identification & Capture
- Establishes knowledge requirements for quality work and capture lessons learned from the project
- Reinforces usage of WVM policy on knowledge management and develop mechanisms to support management of the livelihoods technical program knowledge.
iii. Knowledge Application:
- Facilitates and monitor knowledge management-related activities and programmes
- Strengthens and promotes knowledge management and communication techniques, methodologies and processes within WV’s Livelihoods programming
- Set learning agendas through facilitating stakeholder input and consensus building activities in meetings and events.
- Helps ensure field perspectives are reflected in all the project outputs
- Participates in the larger knowledge management community/ knowledge sharing events including monthly seminars/ webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions in order to update the livelihoods team on knowledge management trends and learning.
- Encourages cross-functional team collaboration within word vision and among livelihoods staff and strengthen linkages with grant funded projects for collaborative activities
v. Knowledge Creation and Documentation
- Builds and maintains content knowledge- work with the project coordinators, WVM communication team, partners, and learning champions in the production of all program communications content
- Documents and shares learning & in collaboration with the livelihoods Design Monitoring and Evaluation officer ensure that project achievements, lessons learned and best practices for the projects promotion activities, events, and other Knowledge Management activities are clear and well documented
- Develops, writes and edits material (for general public and specific target audiences) on the project and its activities including WVM website updates, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, etc. This includes ensuring timely dissemination and exchange of information on the programme to key audiences, including Partners, donors, media, relevant organizations and institutions, govemment, etc.
- Assists the M and E specialist to critically appraise survey reports and documentaries
- Supports the livelihoods M and E specialist to arrange outsourcing as necessary for services such as translations, design, printing, video production, etc, and ensure necessary liaison with the program team on content and Finance Officer on budgetary matters
- Maintains a collection of physical (reports, documentaries, etc.) and digital resources and a photo library for evidence based communication
- Identifies and develop storylines for publications and contribute child-focused news, feature stories, press releases, and video documentaries about key activities to be published on WV web and in other media.
- Undertakes necessary travel to execute above duties at key events and in the field visits, as required.
- Drafts the livelihoods program profiles
v. Information and Database Management
- Supports the Monitoring and Evaluation specialist to ensure collection, storage, distribution, integration and application of information and knowledge within the project.
- Supports the TP ME Officer in the design and usage of the database
- To assist in the projects database issues management in collaboration with ME Officer, WVM IT and quality assurance department
- To ensure that the maximum amount of useful information is extracted from the projects data systems and enhance real time availability for decision making
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions
- To act as the projects data protection officer by ensuring that WVM data protection policies are adhered to.
vi. Knowledge Management Capacity Building:
- Develops and implements relevant and necessary Knowledge Management capacity building plans to ensure Knowledge Management capacity is enhanced in the project
- Builds capacity of staff in existing projects information systems
- Works with front line staff in resource gathering, interpretation, photography, character identification i.e. feature children/families, and photograph
vii. Multi Stakeholder Partnership Building and Management
- Supports GAM department to strategically build relationships and new funding partnerships and proactively pursue relevant opportunities.
- Supports the development of relationships between program team and media and press and other key stakeholders and manage donors, media and partners in the field
viii. Transition Management:
- Supports the THRIVE ME Officers during the transition process.
ix. Program quality and delivery
- Works hand in hand with the DME Officers to make sure that all program related challenges are documented and assumptions revisited on a regular basis to ensure risks and mitigating factors reflect the current context
- Assists in the annual business development strategy and action plan for the project.
x. Budget Management
- Supports budgeting processes of the project.
- Liaises and supports the technical team to ensure that operational plans are aligned to budgets and that the two are implemented and monitored concurrently.
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism and Information Technology
- Good level of proficiency in qualitative and quantitative analysis using statistical packages including SPSS, ODK, Advanced Excel etc
- Preferred experience of applying ICT (information communications technology) to knowledge management.
- Knowledge of content and database management
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, donors and media
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity of staff and partners
- Strongly committed to and support the organization in the pursuit of World Vision’s Mission statement and have personal and family lifestyles that are consistent with World Vision’s core values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network, and negotiate.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with national staff and international staff, and a passion for capacity building, staff and organization development.
Method Of Application
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31st May 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged. Please ensure that you mention www.jobsearchmalawi.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following: Tip offs Toll Free Line 847: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org