Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Knowledge Management and Communications Manager, the Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting with all MOMENTUM TIENI external communications. This includes but is not limited to supporting the implementation of the established project communications approach that captures and showcases project results and lessons learned to MOMENTUM TIENI stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the MOMENTUM TIENI Knowledge Management & Communications Strategy.
- Support the development and management of MOMENTUM TIENI communication products, both content and channel.
- Supports the preparation of high-level site visits. This includes preparing the scene setters, briefing books, and other external communication pieces related to a visit.
- Monitors local news outlets for stories related to MOMENTUM TIENI.
- Looks for ways to share project successes more broadly.
- Participates in staff and stakeholder communications trainings and orientations.
- Provides communications assistance to MOMENTUM TIENI internal teams and stakeholders.
- Draft and edit communications products for MOMENTUM TIENI (e.g., press releases, publications, social media posts).
- Update the media list databases.
- Track MOMENTUM TIENI project’s media exposure.
- Maintain communications calendars and appointments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Knowledge Management & Communications manager.
Key Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or another relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of communications experience on health projects. Experience working in maternal, neonatal, child health, and family planning strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated competence with design software (i.e., Canva, Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems preferred.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and oversight.
- Knowledge of USAID’s communications requirements, including branding and marking.
- Experience with social media platforms. As well as other popular communication outlets in Malawi.
- Demonstrated experience in working on USAID project and working the Ministry of Health at national and district level.
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.