What we are looking for
We are looking for a dynamic and results-driven B2G Commercial Sales Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for driving revenue growth through strategic engagement with government agencies at the local and national levels. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of the government procurement process, a proven track record in B2G and B2B sales, and the ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with key government stakeholders. You will develop and execute effective sales strategies, and ensure the successful delivery of our products and services to government and other commercial clients.
What does the job involve
Sales & Business Development:
- Commercial Objective Key Results and Revenue Targets: Define Commercial OKR’s in your region and take ownership of the company’s revenue targets by formulating strategies to achieve and exceed them.
- Sales plan execution and Process Management: Define a sales process and execute a sales plan focused on delivering new and recurring revenues through partnerships with agro-input companies and the public sector
- Lead Generation and Pipeline Development: Generating and qualifying new leads using different approaches to penetrate prospective clients in your region, and continuously develop a pipeline to increase our market share
Expanding your networks and influencing our positioning in the region:
- Relationship Building (B2B & B2G): Constantly building deep relationships(B2B & B2G) to understand client needs, gather market intelligence, and build a credible pipeline of opportunities.
- Value Proposition Communication: Using knowledge of the market and competitors in the regions, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators. Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations and proposals, and act as our spokesperson in the region.
Customer Relationship Management
- Client Relationship Management: Manage and nurture existing client relationships across a wide range of stakeholders including commodity associations, farmers’ aggregators, insurers, and government and private companies.
- Customer Handover: Manage the handover of new customers to the operations team for the implementation of the solution.
- A proven track record of high value sales: A minimum of 8-12 years of core selling experience as a hunter with extraordinary capability across B2B & B2G clients across the region
- You must have a proven track record of at least 4 – 5 years in sales to the public sector (B2G)
- Robust list of influential networks and relationships with key decision-makers and champions in the public sector
- Experience in influencing and motivating a government budget to support your initiatives
- A driven go-getter who never gives up, a highly motivated individual who relentlessly pursues opportunities and is not deterred by challenges. You must be willing to knock on any door to achieve your objectives
- Series of successes closing high-value government deals
- Experience selling new and innovative solutions is a plus
- Someone who has tried to start their own business venture: Having entrepreneurial experience and understanding the challenges of starting a business venture is a plus
- Remuneration: Competitive base salary accordingly with seniority and experience
- Commission on closed sales
- An employee share option plan that offers an attractive equity upside
- Professional development