St Luke’s College of Health Sciences
St Luke’s College of Health Sciences is a tertiary institution affiliated with CHAM under the proprietorship of the Anglican Diocese of Upper Shire (ADUS), driven by the strategic direction of vertical and horizontal growth, the College requires immediate filling up of the vacant position of the College Accountant on a one-year renewable contract based on performance and availability of funds.
JOB PURPOSE: Formulating and implementing strategic directions and plans for the college’s effectiveness and efficiency in college finances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for performing financial and management accounting tasks and directly reporting to the Principal shall:
- Coordinate day to day operations in the college finance department
- Prepare annual, biannual, quarterly and monthly accounts for the college in line with relevant international Accounting standards
- Prepare timely and accurate returns to statutory and regulatory bodies such as tax returns, medical schemes, subscriptions and membership fees and pensions
- Prepare and control of college annual and cashflow budgets
- Prepare of audits and analyzing college financial performance
- Perform Financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Advise management on elements of good financial management practice, prudence and financial sustainability of the college
- Manage reconciliations of college accounts and consolidate accounting books
- Supervise and supporting the junior accounts personnel
Attributes and Skills
We are looking for one with Professionalism, High Integrity, Honesty, Truthfulness, Trustworthy and Fear of the Lord, Multitasker with Team working spirit, Assertive, a good Communicator and Mature.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from an accredited Institution
Professional Diploma in Accounting with professional bodies such as ICAM, CIMA or ACCA
3 years of working experience in a busy institution. Experience working in a CHAM or Anglican institution will be an added advantage
Excellent knowledge of Accounting Software packages such as Quick books and SAGE Line and Advanced Excel,
Method Of Application
Qualified individuals should send their application together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates through email to: email@example.com not later than Monday 23rd January, 2023, by 17HRS.
ST LUKE’S COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
P.O. BOX 21, Chilema, Zomba
TELEPHONE: +265882900320, +265994965210
To apply for this job please visit stlukesnursingcollege.mw .