Banja La Mtsogolo
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 25 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Clinician under the Bergstrom project.
Position: CLINICIAN (1)
Reporting Line: Outreach Coordinator Location: Salima
The Clinician will be responsible for providing high quality integrated sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services in line with MSI standards.
- Counsel clients and provide advice for family planning, sexual transmitted infections, HIV / Aids and other SRH services.
- Perform surgical procedures in both the Centre and at community outreach sites (including BTLs, MVA, Norplant insertion / removal, circumcision)
- Run under Fives Clinics, including screening, weighing and immunisation, treat STIs and minor ailments, prescribe and dispense drugs.
- In line with BLM standards, provide care to all clients, which has the following qualities Consistent, Reliable, Courteous, Value for money, Prompt and excellent, as perceived and judged by customers.
- Provide ‘vocal local’ a MSI conversation technique used to relax clients during procedures. Record keeping and reporting
- Routinely maintain accurate records of all procedures and produce report as necessary.
Marketing and business development
- Together with the other members of the centre team, contribute to ensuring that the centre is self-sustaining and help generate additional clients, retain existing clients and ‘cross-sell’ BLM services;
- Liaise with Community Outreach Programme and the RHAs.
- Support and take part in promotional events.
- Other duties assigned from time to time.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A holder of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and be registered with the Medical Council of Malawi
- At least 2 years’ experience and with significant exposure to mini-laparotomy.
- Extensive knowledge of modern family practices and procedure.
- Thorough knowledge of the use and effects of various drugs.
- General knowledge of obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Ability to perform mini-laparotomy and minor surgical procedures without supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and other team members.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions involving non routine problems.
- Must be Pro-Choice
Method Of Application
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employer; or any previous employers from the recent past)
All applications should be addressed to:
The Acting Corporate Services Director,
Banja La Mtsogolo,
P.O. Box 1854,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach her not later than Thursday 26th January 2023.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunity employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed
To apply for this job please visit banja.org.mw .