Sheladia Associates, Inc.
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects worldwide. SHELADIA believes practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all stakeholders, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions and operational systems to optimize available resources.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
We are looking for a Climate Change Specialist to support us on an ongoing road project in Malawi. Duties will include:
- Review existing climate change models and propose an appropriate response in assessing the effect of climate change upon the structures to be designed.
- Determine the appropriate design flood return period for each cross-drainage structure in accordance with RA standards, previous flood events affecting the road, and taking into account the current and likely future effects of climate change.
- Strengthen integration of climate and environmental considerations in analytical tools.
- Fully integrate climate and related environmental consideration into all stages of program development and implementation.
- Support policy and institutional reforms to broaden the impact of the Client’s investments by promoting climate-smart and low carbon development.
- Post graduate degree in Engineering, Hydrology, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with climate change adaptation and mitigation including GHG assessment in the Sub-Sahara region.
- Fluent in English
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.