CJC Project Officer (2x Position)
World Relief is an international Christian NGO working in health, economic development, disasterresponse, and refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is empowering local churches to serve the most vulnerable.
World Relief Malawi is anticipating funding on Climate Justice Communities and therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: CJC Project Officer (2x Position)
Reports to: CJC Project Coordinator
Location: Salima District
The primary function of the CJC Project Officer is day-to-day implementation of Climate Justice Communities (CJC) project activities or interventions at district level. He/She will manage the workplans envisaged in the CJC implementation. S/he will support the scale up of CJC activities, as well as promotion of CJC best practices at district level.
- Responsible for ensuring quality and timely implementation of CJC project activities and day to day management of the project at the district
- Monitor and promote integrated CJC programming in order to increase overall project impact
- Oversee development and implementation of CJC annual district implementation plans
- Deliver project goals and objectives at the district level
- Support regular monitoring and monthly reporting on the project activities at the district: phased budget and actual expenses analysis, work-plan progress and updating, data collection and analysis and monitoring of indicators
- Maintain effective CJC program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems and systematically implement monitoring and evaluation tools
- Conduct regular field visits, including discussions with beneficiaries
- Conduct data entry in project beneficiary database and management information systems
- Document project reports, lesson learnt and best practices.
Finance and budget management:
- Support CJC project budget performance to ensure that projects are on course as per detailed implementation plans and phased budgets
- Conduct CJC project monitoring, suggest necessary revisions and prepare draft reports for corrective actions
- Monitor budget variance analysis and report variances on time and with accurate information
Project narrative and financial reporting:
- Organize and facilitate quarterly follow ups and progress review meetings to address key performance issues from the reports
- Review overall budget versus actual expenditure analysis and variance explanations
- Develop, implement and evaluate quality assurance measures and ensure adequate follow ups
- Ensure regular assessment, monitoring and evaluation of the project against its objectives and expected results. And conduct critical monitoring of all CJC aspects, and identify areas of concern. Submit workable solutions for identified challenges
- Support assessments, baseline and evaluation studies, documentation of projects case studies, putting in place a functional activity tracking table
- Prepare and provide regular monthly progress reports in coordination with the MEAL Officer
- Monitor and ensure that projects quality bench marks are satisfied
- Collect and manage complaints and feedback in coordination with CFM focal person
- Monitor projects activities to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to WRM policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Economics, social sciences, social work, public administration, project management or any relevant field.
- 2 years working experience at officer level; or 4 years at assistant level and 2 years at officer level in a busy non governmental organisation
- Demonstrated experience in development and management of Climate change projects with firm grounding in community mobilization
- Knowledge of Climate change policies, processes, and systems in the country as well as government and non-government actors. Ability to interact skilfully and diplomatically a wide range of stakeholders
- Practical experience working within relevant ministries preferred
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports
- Experience of financial planning and expenditure monitoring as well as budget management
- Experience of community participation, ownership and empowerment.
- Ability to work effectively with government, community leaders, international/national organizations, donors, partners and other relationships.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to World Relief by 15th November, 2023. Please indicate on the email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
World Relief is an equal Opportunity Employer. World Relief considers all applications based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, tribe, marital status or disability. Women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com