World Relief is an international Christian NGO working in health, economic development, disasterresponse, and refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is empowering local churches to serve the most vulnerable.
World Relief Malawi is anticipating funding on Climate Justice Communities and therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: CJC Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer (1 x Position)
Reports to: CJC Project Coordinator with dotted line to WRM MEAL Coordinator
Location: Salima District
The major responsibility of the MEAL Officer is to assist in tracking and alerting management as to whether actual results are being achieved as planned in Climate Justice Communities (CJC) project. The MEAL Officer will design and implement program monitoring systems and databases for supporting CJC project. S/he support MEAL Coordinator in all the research
initiatives in designing data collection tools, indicator measurement, data analysis and research, monitoring and evaluation S/he will work with the MEAL Coordinator to develop and maintain the MEAL system for the CJC project. S/he will assist in all the research initiatives for the Project. The position holder will also assist in designing data collection tools, training of staff in MEAL, and ensuring that data collected is of high quality. S/he
will also help the MEAL Coordinator in data analysis, updating the project indicator tracking table and reviewing all monitoring and evaluation reports
- Maintain and improve the CJC project database for the project to attain high standards in monitoring outputs.
- Assist in developing data collection and reporting formats to ensure standardised reporting and meeting all data requirements for donor and internal reporting.
- Orient and build capacity building of partner’s field staff, community mobilizers on data collection forms
- Carry out routine data quality assessments.
- Document project reports, lesson learnt, etc
- Develop and maintain a good filling system for CJC project documentation
- Coordinate implementation and monitoring of quality benchmarks
- Support outcome assessments.
- Carry out routine data analysis and dissemination to project staff.
- Provide on-going support and mentorship to project staff on data management.
- Facilitate beneficiary verification to ensure registered beneficiaries meet the inclusion criteria
- Manage the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism – collection, analysis, and report writing for beneficiary feedback data
- Conduct data analysis and subsequent report writing.
- Facilitate dissemination of monitoring findings and the agreed action points to beneficiaries, project staff, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Conduct documentation of lessons with beneficiaries, volunteers, government staff and all other stakeholders of the project
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in economics, development administration, social sciences, public administration, project management, business administration or any relevant field.
- 2 years working experience at MEAL Officer level; or 3 year at assistant level in a busy organisation preferably an INGO conducting both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience in operating databases and survey data processing packages
- Experience in working with statistical data packages like STATA and SPSS
- Experience in contributing to developing M&E plans
- Experience in conducting research
- Experience in data filing system
- Experience in knowledge management, learning methodologies and learning events
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to World Relief by 15th November, 2023. Please indicate on the email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
World Relief is an equal Opportunity Employer. World Relief considers all applications based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, tribe, marital status or disability. Women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com