World Relief is an international Christian NGO working in health, economic development, disasterresponse, and refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is empowering local churches to serve the most vulnerable.
World Relief Malawi is anticipating funding on Climate Justice Communities and therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: CJC Assistant Accountant (1 x Position)
Reports to: General Accountant with dotted lines to Salima District Coordinator
Location: Salima District
Reporting to the General Accountant, the Assistant Accountant is responsible for providing accurate and timely reports, budget monitoring and preparing payments for all project transactions.
- Documents review to ascertain the availability of budget, supporting documents, compliance to World Relief policies and donor requirements before payments are made
- Providing guidance and support to all project staff on finance matters.
- Ensure expenditure at the district is authorised,within budget and in line with organisation policies.
- Maintaing the inventory and fixed asset registers for DAI project
- Banking and documenting all transactions in line with World Relief Finance Manual.
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Supporting the institutional and project audit process.
- Timely preparation of monthly and quartely grant reports.
- Timely preparation of donor financial reports
- Supporting project staff on direct payments to participants and reconciliation of project advances
Qualifications and Experience
a) Degree in Accounting.
b) 3 years of related experience preferably in NGO set up.
c) Experience in the use of Cyrus.
d) High-level computer skills and experience using the following: MS Excel, MS Word.
e) Strong communication skills in both English and local languages.
f) Commitment to World Relief values.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to World Relief by 15th November, 2023. Please indicate on the email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
World Relief is an equal Opportunity Employer. World Relief considers all applications based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, tribe, marital status or disability. Women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org