We’re currently seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our dynamic team at WEiNSPiRE – https://weinspire.group/. As the COO, you’ll be a key member of our Executive Team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Your primary focus will be to lead operations throughout the organization ensuring that all work performed by employees, contractors, and partners is overseen and optimized for success. You will also be responsible for developing and supporting the implementation of organizational strategies, providing direction to support functions including Project Management, Project Controls, and ensuring that our business plans align with our long-term goals and planned growth targets.
As COO, you’ll function as a member of the Executive Team with strategy and execution responsibility. You’ll provide senior leadership and operational direction to the organization, further developing and executing business plans to grow WEiNSPiRE’s market share, achieve business financial and employee engagement targets.
With your senior-level leadership experience from strategic and functional leadership roles within complex multistakeholder environments, you’ll deliver with creativity, purpose and a calm demeanor in a fast moving, and evolving environment. You have broad capabilities needed to drive multiple diverse projects , and ideally you have a track record within the Human Resource, Management and Leadership industry..
We look forward to welcoming you to our team and see the incredible impact you’ll have on our organization!
The COO is responsible for the following duties:
1. Strategic Leadership
- Develops and implements WEiNSPiRE’s operational business plan.
- Maintains and enhances relationships that positively contribute to the expansion of the business and an improved competitive position.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with a key stakeholder group.
- Monitors industry trends and proactively manages the business through modelling, reporting, and establishing key metrics.
- Develops operational plans that focus on growth and innovative practices while enabling the continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Participates in the development of the annual corporate business plan and budgets.
- Leverages a network of senior industry contacts to help drive growth consistent with WEiNSPiRE’s business plan expectations.
- Enhances the reputation of WEiNSPiRE’s with all stakeholders in the market.
- Develops exceptional working relationships with key customers, contractors, and related businesses.
- Represents the organization in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies, and similar groups.
- Participates in key business development activities with existing and new clientelle
2. Operational Leadership
- Works with senior management and commercial team to promote organic growth and enhance project delivery to improve performance.
- Provides quarterly/annual Business and Financial reports.
- Accountable for delivering budgeted objectives.
- Reviews, evaluates, and approves contracts to maximize effectiveness.
- Conducts regular meetings with teams to provide business guidance, problem solving, planning input, client/project evaluation, productivity improvements, and safety issues.
- Ensures that approved policies, internal strategies, and objectives are clearly communicated and effectively applied.
- Utilizes personal operational knowledge to support project team members as appropriate. –
- Reviews project risk profiles to ensure operational success is imminent.
- Employs effective project management, quality control and schedule driven processes ensuring leader understanding and dissemination amongst their teams.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time and on budget while adhering to WEiNSPiRE’s standards for quality and culture.
- Ensures quality based KPI’s are maintained or surpassed.
3. Leadership and Management
- Ensures the development of key staff and employs effective performance and personal improvement initiatives.
- Builds and develops a highly effective unified team, including contracted resources, and WEiNSPiRE’s partners to ensure the successful achievement of the Corporation’s objectives and cultural norms.
- Enables higher performance by incrementally improving approaches based on calculated risks and benefits.
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and implement best-in-class solutions, raising quality and productivity in a calculated and creative way.
- Identifies new processes and/or systems to improve productivity and/or make the business more effective at achieving their purpose.
- A degree in a related discipline or combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge, skill, and competence.
- Minimum 5 years related experience, including at least 3 years’ experience leading operations and/or multi-disciplinary operational teams.
- Advanced understanding of project management.
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiations, writing, proofreading, editing, and interpreting business language.
- Working knowledge of related laws, regulations, statutes, and codes around operating a business in Malawi.
- Proven track record growing operations organically and developing teams.
- Extensive experience in project management and project controls.
- Ability to enhance a positive company culture that ensures employee engagement while contributing to WEiNSPiRE’s values and harmonious relations with key stakeholders.
- Adaptability and the ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with short timelines.
- Ability to promote and exemplify WEiNSPiRE’s core values – authentic, bold and creative.
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Must be self-driven and motivated.
- Knowledgeable and accomplished professional with the ability to build credibility and trust at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build cohesive professional teams.
- An energetic leader committed to making a difference.
- A leader of people and a builder of dynamic skilled teams.
- Professional, approachable and customer-service oriented.
- Leads by example, energized by a challenge, and will roll up the sleeves when required to get the job done.
- Ability to create compelling content.
- Commitment to adding value to the company, with a practical view of the big picture.
- Remote work model centered on flexibility and accountability.
- Frequent visits to partners, stakeholders and customers will be required.
Critical Requirements for this Job
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods.
- Must be able to create content (Audio-visual and text) around the work of WEiNSPiRE.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be pro-active.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative character that proposes creative solutions for organic growth.
This is a salary and Performance based payout position.
Salary scale: MK200,000-MK250,000 Monthly
Others: Percentage pay-out bonuses based on performance
Start date: July 1, 2023
Applications will close on Monday, May 29, 2023
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Lilongwe , N/A , Malawi|
|Experience Required:||Mid-Senior Level|
|Date Published:||23 May 2023|
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recooty.com.