FINCA Impact Finance (FIF) believes in the power of Inclusive Finance.
FINCA Impact Finance is a global leader of responsible financial services. We are comprised of 17 full-service banks and microfinance institutions and a holding/shared service company and we serve more than 2.8 million customers with an array fintech and traditional products and services. We are a double bottom line company that delivers positive social impact and financial sustainability.
We are 9,000 dedicated colleagues who are passionate that financial services can have a positive impact. Most of us living in the communities we serve, and all of us guided by our values of warmth, trust, and responsible banking.
We welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and considers people at all career stages. We seek individuals with whom we can build strong and lasting relationships – people who care about, and have respect for, customers. We look for colleagues who approach their work with joy, innovation, energy, and a sense of service beyond self.
Thank you for applying.
Chief Operations Officer is responsible for managing and delivering reliable and high level service to customers of FINCA Malawi in a stable, secure and controlled environment within agreed costs. He/ She will ensure the delivery of robust platforms to support the business, will be the business partner for enabling business priorities and initiatives through leading, managing and developing the Operations team in the institution. The COO will be a member of the Executive Management Team of the Institution, participates in making decisions on material issues and will be expected to work with the Executive Team members to ensure that the institution’s overall business objectives are fully met.
- Provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Bank has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency;
- Compliance to internal processes, policies, regulations and statutes (KYC, AML etc);
- Collaborate with the CEO in the overall administration of the operations unit and Improvement in customer experience. S/he ensures that the process of customer acquisition and service delivery across all branches and other service points is anchored on delivering a consistently superior customer experience;
- Oversee implementation and Management of key change projects within budgets and the achievement of stated benefits within the planned timeframe, consistently demonstrating strong leadership, lateral thinking, problem solving, communication and inter-personal skills;
- Oversee the effective implementation or upgrades to the Institution’s call Centre systems and initiatives;
- Identify, define, and prioritize issues that relate to operational goals for front and back office operations;
- Develop strategies to respond to changing conditions and new opportunities and successfully implement these strategies throughout the organization. Strategically and tactically guide areas of responsibility to improve the institutions brand and results;
- Ensure compliance with Institutions operations policies and procedures including timely implementation of internal and external audit recommendations;
- Build relationships internally and externally, both domestically and internationally in support of the success of the business;
- Maintain an ongoing review of products and services delivery processes, exploiting opportunities for centralization, reengineering, cost and effort optimization, increased integrity, reduced risk and continued adherence to regulatory compliance. Constantly strive to broaden and improve delivery channels and service options provided to FINCA clients;
- Responsible for the management of the operations risk types across the institution business including:
- Ensure that risk assurance processes are in place across the bank to provide evidence of pro-active risk management of the risk type and compliance with the policy
- Ensure that the risk type is properly represented at relevant business risk committees.
- Ensure that the risk management responsibilities and processes for the risk type are properly communicated across Banking Services units to all staff impacted.
- University degree Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Technology or Business Administration required or relevant professional qualification;
- Desirable: Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or Economics.
- Demonstrated experience with at least 15 years’ relevant experience in a highly respected Deposit Taking Micro Finance (Microfinance bank) or financial services organization;
- Strong background in operational management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be a recognized executive leader, who is dynamic, proactive and decisive. S/he adapts well to and initiates change in the organization, and seeks ways to achieve measurable results against goals;
- Strong operational background with previous experience in a senior management role within the financial services sector;
- High credibility and strong reputation with regulators in the markets s/he has operated in;
- Ability to review and critically analyze substantial amounts of information and bring to bear exceptional decision making skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- A demonstrable thinker with a focus on effective implementation;
- May be required to work long hours;
- In-depth knowledge of banking operations and operational risk management;
- In-depth knowledge of banking products and service delivery;
Intimate knowledge of internal business processes, specifically in the financial services industry.
To apply for this job please visit search6.smartsearchonline.com.