Ministry of Transport
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Malawians, Civil Servants or non-civil servants, as the case may be, depending on the requirements or the post, for the vacancies listed below existing in the Civil Service:
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS
Post : Chief Mechanical Supervisor (Grade I)
Salary : Within the Grade I salary scale segment
Location : Ministry of Transport
Applicants must be in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Automobile obtained from accredited institution and they must not be more than thirty-five (35) years of age.
- Supporting and assisting the mechanical superintendent to manage the district workshop;
- Providing the best possible service to user departments;
- Ensuring that the PVHES operations are effective, efficient and economical;
- Ensuring that there is standard of wok in all workshops;
- Scrutinizing all job cards at each workshop and ensuring that there are accurately and
- Inspecting all work in progress and ensuring that maintenance and repairing work is satisfactory;
- Undertaking appraisal of immediate subordinates and reporting to Mechanical
- Supervising subordinate staff; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
Documentary evidence of major requirements specified in the advertisement shall be required during interviews. Serving officers will also be required to demonstrate during the interviews
that they are permanent and pensionable officers in the Civil Service by producing letters of confirmation in appointment in addition to letters of condition of appointment on probation (PSR 19).
Method Of Application
Civil Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications together with copies of relevant Certificates and Curriculum Vitae to:
Civil Service Commission
P.O. Box 30133
To reach him not later than 10 February, 2023