VisionFund Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe:
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Finance Officer will be responsible for managing Visionfund Malawi’s treasury to ensure profitable operations and compliance with existing regulations. Supervise the accounting and liquidity management functions of the institution
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the development of an overall business plan for Visionfund Malawi that includes, among other things, the branch targets and projections.
- Continuous monitoring of financial performance of the organization with emphasis in analyzing the latter’s performance as against its operational and business plans.
- Provides support to Head Office and the Branches in preparation of the business plans and preparation and monitoring of the annual operating plans and budgets.
- Establishes, reviews, and updates financial policies and procedures that are relevant and cost effective to the organization
- Acts as a member of the Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO) and furnishes the ALCO with the necessary information for them to make sound, viable decisions.
- Performs functions specified by the BOD and / or ALCO in relation to establishing broad guidelines for the institution’s tolerance for risk, and expectations from investment.
- Introduces measures to enhance the credibility and objectivity of financial statements and reports prepared with reference to the affairs of Visionfund Malawi.
- Measures and controls the institution’s funding requirements.
- Manages access to funds, Makes periodic assessment of liabilities and liability holders, Explores borrowing arrangements.
- Ensures that there is adequate control of cash and other assets (budgetary management and control) according to laid down policies, both in the head office and the branches.
- Develops contingency plans for Visionfund Malawi to withstand liquidity crises, and updates the contingency plans, as the need arises.
- Recommends to the ALCO and Board of Directors policies or changes on policies on liquidity and funds management, and ensures timeliness, applicability, and practicality of these policies.
- Maintains the finance management manuals, including treasury, accounting,
and administration manuals, and ensures that all changes related to policies and procedures would be incorporated in the manual.
- Provides technical oversight to the Branch Finance Officers in formulating and implementing the Branch accounting system.
- Ensures absolute compliance to regulations on liquidity, capital adequacy, and provisioning, as well as to reporting requirements set by VisionFund International and other regulators.
- Attends to inquiries, on site or off-site, from Bank of Malawi, other regulators, and external Auditors, and provides due assistance to the regulators and external auditors during inspection.
- Ensures that Visionfund Malawi maintains adequate and accurate records including balance sheet and periodic statements of income and expense.
- Provides the Finance Department staff the necessary training and other support to enable them to fulfill their duties accordingly.
- Supervises, monitors, and evaluates the work of the finance staff and provides input to the annual staff appraisal exercise.
- Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management on all matters relating to finance including treasury, accounting and administration.
- Submit timely financial returns to the BOD, senior management, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Liaises with tax authorities/ consultants whenever necessary.
- Maintains insurance portfolio and ensures that all claims are settled without undue losses to the organization.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Degree and similar qualification / ICAM member
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration will be of added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years in the field of finance management and accounting with at least two years in the field of finance management and accounting with at least two years working experience
- Overall understanding and deep insights into treasury Management.
Specific / Personal Abilities
- Highly developed sense of reliability and correctness
- Good knowledge in economic and financial topics
- Very good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of the requirements of Bank of Malawi, and other regulatory agencies
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Proficient Microsoft office applications
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture and Administration Manager,
Private Bag A232,
Closing date for receiving applications is 30th October, 2023.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623