Parliamentary Service Commission
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following posts existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC/3/4/22
Post : Chief Budget Analyst (Expenditure Analysis and Costing)
Grade : F/P5
Responsible to : Assistant Clerk of Parliament (Budget Office)
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic guidance and coordinate overall analysis of Government expenditure and study budget proposals and trends to allocation and utilisation of resources and tracking expenditure pattern to Parliament.
Duties of the Post
- Provides intellectual leadership in analysis of budget speech, vote on account, supplementary expenditures and Government appropriation proposals;
- Leads assessing all Government expenditure trends in relation to National Development Plans, Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF), the national budget and the specific sectoral investment plans;
- Coordinates development and monitoring expenditure and revenue performance measurement indicators to enable Parliament to effectively perform its oversight role and legislative decisions;
- Oversees trend analysis of all Government statistics such as revenues, expenditure, deficits, loans and grants in order to explore alternative means of financing the national budget;
- Leads assessing of MDAs expenditure policies, practices and procedures for consistency with the national objectives, goals and laws;
- Coordinates participation in the budget consultations and performance reviews;
- Coordinates analysis of the Government Finance Bill, tax and non-tax amendments, new tax measure and tax waivers;
- Builds professional capacity of the Expenditure Analysis and Costing Section staff by designing and implementing capacity development programmes;
- Manages an up to date Parliamentary data bank of key variables and indicators on Government expenditure and cost; and ease of accessibility to Parliament and its relevant Committees;
- Provides a strong linkage between the Economic Planning Department, Reserve Bank and Parliament on budgetary and national economic issues;
- Formulates the framework for regular budget briefings to MPs and Committees; and,
- Coordinates provision of periodic performance reports of the Expenditure Analysis and Costing Section.
Qualification and Experience
Must have a Bachelors’ Degree in of Social Science or Economics or Agricultural Economics coupled with over five (5) years’ relevant work experience in Public Finance related area. Those with post graduate qualification majoring the stated areas will have an added advantage. Must have sound knowledge of National Budget Process and fiscal policy analysis.
Method of Application
Applications should include detailed Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable referees, copies of certified educational and Professional certificates from recognized institutions, addressed to the address below not later than 11th November, 2022.
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,