Parliamentary Service Commission
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following posts existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC /3/5/22
Post : Chief Broadcasting Officer
Grade : F/P5
Responsible to : Assistant Clerk of Parliament (Parliamentary Publications and Broadcasting)
Main Purpose of the Job
To coordinate the activities of the Broadcasting Section comprising the Parliament Television and Radio.
Duties of the Post
- Provides the vision and strategic direction for TV and Radio in line with the National Assembly’s strategic plan and budget;
- Manages operations of Parliament TV and Radio;
- Provides policy and editorial directions for the two media;
- Provides final decision making in the content of everything being aired by the two media in consultation with the supervisor;
- Provides overall guidance for the content that will resonates with the roles of Parliament that helps the public to follow Parliamentary Business;
- Liaises with other media or other parliaments to canvass and benchmark for additional content for both media;
- Liaises with the Audio Visual Section for collaborative effort on areas of common interest;
- Interacts with broadcasting regulatory authority and related service providers such as MACRA, MRA, TNM Airtel, etc;
- Plans for major coverage events; and,
- Ensures that professional capacity of the two media.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in any field with at least five (5) years’ experience in journalism, broadcast and media production work. Those with Parliamentary work experience will have an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applications should include detailed Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable referees, copies of certified educational and Professional certificates from recognized institutions, addressed to the address below not later than 11th November, 2022.
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,