Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 177 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open positions:
Title : Care and Treatment Advisor (CTA)
Reports to : Associate Technical Director
Location : Lilongwe
Supervises : Tele-support Officer
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Under the supervision and guidance of the Associate Technical Director (ATD), the Care and treatment Advisor (CTA) will ensure that, EGPAF – Malawi’s HIV Care and Treatment, advanced HIV disease Advanced (AHD)and TB interventions are clinically sound, evidence-based, and aligned with the priorities of Malawi’s Ministry of Health (MoH), donors, and program beneficiaries. The CTA will work closely with Senior Clinical Service Managers to provide technical support to the District Mentors who will ensure rapid implementation of EGPAF’s innovation and sustainable results.
The CTA will be responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise and innovation in AHD, TB, and HIV Care &Treatment, in particular, the areas of: Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) Models, advanced HIV disease screening and management, Continuity of Treatment viral load monitoring, and management of treatment failure) and Tuberculosis (including TB screening, diagnosis, and treatment in PLHIV and TB preventive therapy (TPT)).
The care and treatment advisor will be expected to lead the design and implementation of interventions tailor-made for special populations such as children and adolescents living with HIV, men and youth, and to document promising practices and treatment outcomes.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
Technical leadership and oversight
- Lead the development of evidence-based strategies for all HIV patients along the continuum of HIV care, for the program, with guidance from associate technical director
- Lead the development of evidence-based strategies for TB programming- including TB screening, diagnosis, treatment, and TPT for the program with guidance from the ATD
- Provide technical support in developing strategies and interventions to improve the integration of relevant services in HIV care (e.g. FP, TB, NCD) in collaboration with ZTL.
- Lead the development of technical tools, SOPs, and guidance to support the implementation of high-quality, evidence-based, and innovative interventions for AHD, TB, and clinical care and treatment of PLHIV across the program
- Lead the development and design of strategies for improving retention and viral suppression among children, adolescents and youth, and men, and related tools.
- Lead the design, implementation, and monitoring of AHD programming including screening, diagnosis of opportunistic infections and treatment, mortality audits, and supply chain monitoring.
- Provide evidence-base support on pediatric HIV strategy and promote innovative programming in Pediatric HIV
- Developing comprehensive training materials, SOPS, and tools for differentiated service delivery models (DSDs – Teen clubs, Pediatric clinic, Male adherence clinics, Community ART distribution, etc) and systematically updating technical and other staff the same.
- Promoting innovative programming in TB and HIV C&T across EGPAF’s programs
Program execution and management
- Serve as the technical focal person in working with care and treatment subgrantee, guiding the development of scope of work, budgeting, and program implementation of all TB, HIV care and treatment and AHD programming.
- Support the development of annual, quarterly, and monthly work plans; monitor and report on progress towards project milestones related to AHD, TB, and HIV care and treatment on a regular basis
- Provide technical guidance in the implementation of the service delivery component of the care and treatment of all People living with HIV (PLHIV) across the program.
- Provide technical support, guidance (tools, required resources), and work closely with community focal persons coordinating the training activities for lay health care providers (ECs & TSs) and the intervention they provide to support the 2nd and 3rd 95.
- Work closely with ATD to ensure initiation and implementation of data-driven, evidence-based approaches to differentiated service delivery (DSD) to optimize test and treat guidance (including early initiation-SDI, retention, active follow-up of VLT and monitoring, and HVL management)
- Providing technical assistance, training, and mentoring to support EGPAF’s district teams in PMTCT, TB, and HIV C&T
- Lead implementation of client-centered care with improved information access through the EGPAF call center.
Performance monitoring and reporting
- Work with the ATD to develop system and strategies for monitoring EWIs
- Track and report on all AHD, TB, and HIV care and treatment-related inputs, processes, outputs, outcomes, and impact at supported sites in collaboration with SCSM to ensure that adequate progress is made towards set targets.
- Work with SI&E team to monitor and evaluate facility linkage activities (both intra and inter-facility) including developing and ensuring the use of relevant tools to support implementation and monitoring of outcomes.
- Support the ATD in identifying evaluation questions for interventions, evaluating, documenting, disseminating, and scaling up promising practices of AHD, TB, and HIV care and treatment interventions, and regular monitoring and technical reports as required.
Program representation and meetings
- Represent EGPAF in national TWGs external meetings, and working groups related to AHD, TB, and HIV C&T accordingly
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Medical Degree (MBChB, MBSB) a MUST with a post graduate training in Medical field
- MMED in internal Medicine or pediatrics will be an added advantage
Bonus Points if you Have:
- Strong experience in providing mentorship and technical assistance
- Self-motivated and demonstrated success in building effective programs
- Results oriented
- Clinical experience in advanced HIV care and treatment
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write high-quality scientific/management documents
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a teamwork environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proven track record of working in PEPFAR programs will be an added advantage
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, indigenous, people of color, and other members of historically underrepresented communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com .
Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest, enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum.
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage: https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing Date: 16 December 2022
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.